• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 ranger v8 swap

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Going to just start this now since im close to having it in the truck and im sure some of the stuff that will be getting posted will help people out. So i have a 302 that came out of a 90-95 f-150. What ive done to the motor so far, all front mount parts are off my friends totaled mustang, and a bunch of other parts from it bigger cam (351 timing) with lifters and rods, roller rockers (1:6 ratio i believe) double chain timing set, edlebrock intake and 600cmf carb and a proform hei distributor.
The pictures im going to post may be a bit big because i forgot to change the size on my phones camera when i took them, but others i post ill do better

Just order these tri y headers

Also got the t-5 from the mustang which hand a steeda short throw shifter, i also got a cnc slave cylinder but i may just go with a toyota slave i saw in a swap thread http://www.blueovalfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=30414 <cable t5 to hydraulic thread.
Please leave any input or suggestions that may help me or others. Also have here a screenshot from a youtube video of someones swap of how the motor mounts sit on the frame (forgot the name of the video)
if your motor has a smog pump as one of the front mount accessories it needs to be cut off and you will need a shorter belt, if your front accessories are from a mustang the belt size should be 84.5 inches. Thats all i have for now but i will keep posting

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
theres a bunch of charts for smog pump delete belts and they all seem to be different

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Headers came in today, just put them on to look at them, going to be bringing my engine crane to the warehouse on sunday to get the engine off the cart its been stuck on for so long and hook the transmission up to the motor so i can start on the clutch conversion. Also going to be trying to start the motor soon and possibly post a video of its first start.

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I got the new belt for the smog pump delete. I have the brand and product number for whoever may need it

And heres how it looks

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Also for the rear of my truck i swapped in an 8.8 from an explorer with 3.73 gears and lsd, and also leafs from an f150 (they're pretty much bolt on) they are a bit stiff though, may end up removing the overload

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
theres a myriad of fead for these, on certain setups you can drill a locater hole a little bit off set of the original locator for the tensioner and rotate it a bit for a better fit.

just deal with what ya have. no one size fits all for sure.

this is one of my setups with single oba...

Last edited:

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
theres a myriad of fead for these, on certain setups you can drill a locater hole a little bit off set of the original locator for the tensioner and rotate it a bit for a better fit.

just deal with what ya have. no one size fits all for sure.

this is one of my setups with single oba...

My tensioner is on the left right below the alternator and it worked out pretty good for me. I forgot to mention the different front mounts. What size was the belt for your motor? 84"?

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
New plug wires from jegs came today, havent had a chance to go by the warehouse yet

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
i dont remember...it was etched into my old core support....it was short, and in 1995 very expensive due to its odd length. i knew several numbers for the various setups from 92-2005 or so when i was doing swaps heavily...but as i got away from regular swapping these details slip from my tiny little mind.

i started out with a cobra engine and induction but burned it up with wet nitrous system failure...and just run a regular intake after that due to the costs of the cobra stuff at the time. eventually it got explorer stuff but i got sick of buying gas and dropped a 6.5 diesel in it. its much much cheaper to drive now.

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Starting the cabke to hydralic convertion for the clutch. The slave cylinder part number is 11887 duralast at autozone, perfection parts at advanced auto. You have to make a custom pushrod out of a 3/8 bolt from home depot, chop off the end and round it to the shape of the old rod and pick up two nuts and lock washers for it. Also to larger washers that i forgot.

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Link to a more detailed thread on the slave cylinder swap incase someone needs this before i finish

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

Got a cheap oil pressure gauge since theres already a feed in the block for it.

willy

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 explorer
Transmission
Automatic
That mustang fead is gonna be tight im intrested in how its gonna fit with steering and the headers

kevinbmx77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
That mustang fead is gonna be tight im intrested in how its gonna fit with steering and the headers
What do you mean by mustang fead?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals