• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Another (different) heater hose question

grantr91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I tried to avoid having to ask this, but I have searched and searched and have not found a definite answer. I am pretty sure I have it right but I just want to make sure.

I have a 1998 3.0.
The two heater hoses; which one goes to the water pump and which one goes to the manifold near the thermostat? Is it the hose with the Valve on it that goes to the water pump? That is what I have right now, the heat is just okay. I know that the water comes from the thermostat through the core and then back to the water pump which is why I am second guessing myself because to me it makes the most since for the hose with the valve to come from the thermostat.

BTW, I just replaced the heads which is why I had it disassembled. If it is correct right now then I'm thinking it is the thermostat because I replaced it with a 180 and not a 195. I know now that was stupid of me.

Thanks guys

bucko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
On my 2000 3.0 Ranger, the heater hose without the valve runs to the manifold near the thermostat housing, and the one with the valve runs to the waterpump housing.

Sounds like your connections are fine. Are you running the stock thermostat? You want to, as a cooler one, while reducing engine temps, increases emissions, lowers heat in the cabin, and reduces oil life.

grantr91

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
On my 2000 3.0 Ranger, the heater hose without the valve runs to the manifold near the thermostat housing, and the one with the valve runs to the waterpump housing.

Sounds like your connections are fine. Are you running the stock thermostat? You want to, as a cooler one, while reducing engine temps, increases emissions, lowers heat in the cabin, and reduces oil life.
Yeah, I got the 180 because that's what was in Stock. I'll be putting in 195 soon. Thanks for the help

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals