• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Great Junkyard find!

GotBronco-itus?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Currently swapping in 302 V8
Transmission
Manual
So on saturday i went to the junkyard to get an explorer dashboard to go along with my 4.0 swap. I was getting all the stuff together when I spotted a BII that had a 4 inch lift on it!!! I didnt have all the right tools with me so I only got the radius arm drop brackets. I was going to go again yestarday to get the rest but I got sick. So im hoping its still there when I go again! oh and I got my 3" PA body lift today!

509lifted

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l, 4.0 v6
Transmission
Manual
nice find how much did the lift cost?

GotBronco-itus?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So a bracket alone is 6 bucks. a single coil is 10 so all together its not more then 50 bucks!! i payed twice as much for my body lift!

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Lol yeah.
One of my friends that has a first gen explorer was going for a dash piece and ending up getting......

A manual 1354 t-case
Full skyjacker 4" lift
Super runner steering
Stainless steel brake lines
Winch bumper
Roof basket rack

All for right at $250. I was mad! Lol.
I'm still trying to figure out why someone junked that explorer. It wasn't wrecked... Everything looked good unless it was internal.. But still. They could have parted it out..

GotBronco-itus?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Oh yeah I need to get the break lines too...duh they were in pretty good condition and I am finally feeling better. turns out I got food poisoning from this chinese restaurant I went to saturday. NOT GOING THERE AGAIN.

Hagan

08/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That always happens to me...I go to the junkyard and NEVER have the right tools! Or I end up getting something different then what I originally came there for! :)

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
The first few times i went dumpster diving i always had a plan. I am going there to get this part and these are the tools i need to get it. Every time i found something that wasn't on my list and didn't have the right tools. Since then i pack up every tool i can and reserve a whole day for dumpster diving. I just wish the jy were a little better stocked around here

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
The first few times i went dumpster diving i always had a plan. I am going there to get this part and these are the tools i need to get it. Every time i found something that wasn't on my list and didn't have the right tools. Since then i pack up every tool i can and reserve a whole day for dumpster diving. I just wish the jy were a little better stocked around here
yep.. there's a reason i take my entire tool box from my truck in when i go.... they offer wheelbarrows so i use them. :D

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
yep.. there's a reason i take my entire tool box from my truck in when i go.... they offer wheelbarrows so i use them. :D
I skip the wheel barrow and just bring a trailer, a couple jacks, an engine hoist. That is unless i know they'll load me with a forklift. If i go there expecting to buy something heavy enough to warant the hoist i usually call ahead to make sure they have what i want and ask if they can load it. If they can't, i bring the hoist. Most of the yards i frequent know me well enough and don't baby sit me. They let me drive down into the yard, then i stop at the shop, show them what i got, and the negotiations begin.

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
Knowing your yard can save you a ton of money too. One place i go i tear everything apart into as many pieces as possible, all the small stuff goes in 5 gallon buckets. They guy will price the bigger pieces just by looking at them, then pick up the bucket and price it by what he thinks it weighs. Another place i go is the opposite, more of a per part kind of pricing system. When i go there i try to put things together so i don't pay for each nut, bolt, bracket, etc...

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
That's why I had a tool box in my ranger and you could hear BANG when I turned hard or braked hard. I had everything in my tool box, and a floor jack freely rolling around in the bed.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals