• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

how to get fuel regulator off

chatham

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
how do you get the fuel regulator off of the fuel line. removed the plastic fitting that covers the connection and the thing just spins. tried pushing and pulling how does this thing come off?

moogvo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L Mustang engine
Transmission
Automatic
You need a spring clip tool for that. you can get them from Advance Auto for less than 10 bux. Get the set that has all of the plastic ones in it... Not the little scissor type aluminum ones. You'll need them if you ever work on the AC as well.

chatham

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i have those fuel/ac line removal tools and none of them fit this coupler. mine must be different. im stuck on this :yahoo:

do i just yank it out of the braided line?

Last edited:

moogvo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L Mustang engine
Transmission
Automatic
Sometimes they get cruddy. One of mine came off with no trouble but I really had to work at the other one. I think it was the yellow one that fit best... I could be wrong tho. I DO have ADD afterall...

What were we talking about?

chatham

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
well after breaking the coupler , accidentally, at the line i have determined that the reg is just pulled off of the connection but you have to pull quite hard to break it loose. the new one would then just be pushed back on. i figured since i already broken the coupler just play with it and that is how i figured it out. but since i broke the coupler at the hose i will now be using a reg with a barbed end and hose clamp.

moogvo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L Mustang engine
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah... sort of. There is a spring inside that holds the line in. that's what the tool does. It opens up the spring and releases the fitting and then it pulls apart. I suppose that pulling it really hard might work, but it might also break something... As you found out!

Good luck with it!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals