• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

RPMs drops while driving cruising speeds

tomw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
lima bean
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
vertical and above ground
Quote:We saw that the top left bolt is missing from the ICM. So I'm wondering could this be a grounding issue with the ICM?

I understand that the coil packs must have all their mounting bolts installed to get working grounds for all coils, so maybe the ICM needs its bolts too...
If you look, you can use a scope to check the presence of voltage to 'charge' the coil, and lack thereof that causes it to fire by probing the connectors. If it is an 8-plug head, remember that the intake side plugs do NOT fire all the time, only the exhaust side are full-time firing.
tom

Dprocks100

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just changed the ICM on my truck the other day and It was also missing the top left bolt. Heard others say the same thing, so I checked for thread holes behind that hole. Mine never had that bolt, just the three. So if you are missing the top left bolt, It probably never had it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals