• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Front Window Leak and Floor Covering

ehogan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I heard that this is a common problem with BII's. What is the best and most economical way to fix this. I have been told to have a window guy remove the window and reseat it. Any suggestions?

Also, has anyone removed the carpet in there BII and used bed liner to cover it? My truck will see the beach a couple of times a year as well as the hunting camp. The carpet is shot and I wanted something a little more durable.

Thanks

Ivy Mike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I helped a buddy out doing the tub of his TJ with bedliner. 90% of the hard work came in the preparation. Taking out the seats and seatbelts and pulling wires up and out of the way. Pulling all the drain plugs. Mask off the underside of the dash and the pedals.

Then you give the thing a good cleaning with some heavy degreaser. Then you dry it out (lots of towels & a big compressor helps here) then you can start with a wire wheel and a respirator. You don't want to take it down to bare metal but a good scuffing is required. Any rust = take the area down to bare metal and hit it with automotive primer.

If you have any plans to cut more holes in the floor for things like shifters, now is the time to do it. Even if it is going to come later you can always make a cover out of thin sheet metal for now.

After you've got it all cleaned and scuffed and sanded, it is time to clean it again to get all the dust you can out of the vehicle.
Once that is done, you're ready to apply your bedliner. He had a big compressor so we sprayed the liner in although for an interior, I'd have no problem rolling it on. Just follow the directions carefully or you'll end up with a sub standard finish that doesn't hold up.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals