• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Scored a Eddie Bauer Bronco II

SinisterDom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well guys, I was at an auction and they brought out an Eddie Bauer Bronco II started bidding at a couple thousand, kept dropping until someone bid $350 and then finally bidded until it was sold to me for a mere $800! Now, I already have a 1983 Diesel Ranger, but I'm considering selling the ranger and using the Bronco II. I love the Rangers MPG but I hate not having enough get up and go. My only worries are the few small problems I'm experiencing from my Bronco. 1 problem, when I hit my door lockers it only locks the back gate. Second, my passenger side window won't roll down. Third, my horn doesn't work. I haven't got to really dig in yet, but I think fuses could be some of this? Also, it came with a binder of service records and the engine was just rebuilt + heavy duty clutch installed. It runs like a top!

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nice find:icon_thumby: I'm very jealous!

sfwjesse

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Heh...i had that truck a few years ago....not much get up and go in the 2.9 liter either. Obviously check the fuses first but i had problems with the lock buttons and window buttons on mine....i narrowed it down to being a bad switch i beleive but sold it before i got a chance to fix it.

jmaynard

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If you push the lock switch several times, do the door lock buttons move? Are they stuff and hard to operate? The lock operators have limited power, and if the locks are stiff and hard to work, they won't have enough power to do the job. A bit of lubrication in the right spot will get them working again if that's the case.

chazzone

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I don't know man...sounds like a basket case.

I think you should just let me come by and take that money pit off your hands before you get hurt
:D

SinisterDom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Haha nah, I think I'll keep her for now guys. I know the 2.9 hasn't got tons of power, but it feels like a V10 compared to my poor little I4 diesel. Oh yeah, I suppose it's worth mentioning I even got a free towbar that the guy just paid like 150 bucks for! My final question is, what kinda MPG's do you guys normally get outta these guys?

jmaynard

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Haha nah, I think I'll keep her for now guys. I know the 2.9 hasn't got tons of power, but it feels like a V10 compared to my poor little I4 diesel. Oh yeah, I suppose it's worth mentioning I even got a free towbar that the guy just paid like 150 bucks for! My final question is, what kinda MPG's do you guys normally get outta these guys?
It depends on conditions. I ranged from 17 to 24 MPG on a recent 1500-mile trip, depending most strongly on how strong the wind was and from which direction.

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I like my 2.9. Its not fast, but it will get me where ever I need to go. And the blown Focus is for my speed cravings lol.

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
might sound dumb but open the passenger door all the way and then try the window. i had one the window would only work with the door open. it was a parts rig so i wasn't worried. thing is when i swapped the power doors to my ranger they worked perfect.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I like my 2.9. Its not fast, but it will get me where ever I need to go. And the blown Focus is for my speed cravings lol.
The 2.9 manages to satisfy my speed cravings, except when I have to cross the Appalachian range twice a day.

SinisterDom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah, mainly what I'm looking forward to is enough pep for interstate travel. The poor little Ranger was pushing redline at Interstate speed. I like the bronco's room. I can sacrifice some MPG for that. It runs great. I fixed my horn (blown fuse) now I'm just working on the window/locks. I'll try opening the door and pushing the button. Thanks for reassuring me guys.

chazzone

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I average 20, although I just got 22 on a 400 mile trip, and I was hauling about a ton of paper for my wife's company on the way up.
Probably got better than 24 on the way home.
I have @320K on mine, and I have run all over the Continental U.S., and used her to pull a trailer for work (I do stone work), and my boat when I get the time, and I can count on @20, even when I'm running 75 mph.

SinisterDom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Good to hear about the MPGs. I finally took her on a good drive tonight, drove her to get some gas, then went and did a little off roading at a local lake. Drove like a champ! And the gas mileage was great, considering I was flooring it quite a bit. I'm pretty happy about this ride!

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant

Ivy Mike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The fuel mileage out of the 2.9 isn't all that great. I tend to think the little motor is a bit underpowered for the weight and aerodynamics of the B2 although from what I hear, the 4.0 is no better.

Not that it was supposed to be a fuel sipping, slippery little econobox. It just bugs me when I turn in 20mpg and got the same mileage from my old 83 full size Bronco with the 302/4spd OD combo.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals