• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Moving to AR

Grunizzle

01/2013 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Manual
Well it looks like the AF will be moving me to Little Rock AR in about a month and a half or so. This is definitely going to be a huge climate change for me lol. I'm used to the dry summers and big mtns. of the PNW. From the research I have done it seems like AR is a pretty outdoorsy state. Anyway I was hoping people could kinda tell me what the area is like, things to do/see, what to expect for the summers in terms of heat, stuff like that. Thanks!

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
its not as humid as say Michigan

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
it's got everything the N.W. has, cept on a much smaller scale.....mountains, streams, etc.

You don't have to drive all day to get anywhere......

The other good new is.......there's about 3 feet less rain-fall in Arkansas, which gives you a LOT more out-door time.....

& good spicy food is right down the road.......Who Dat!

Last edited:

Grunizzle

01/2013 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Manual
it's got everything the N.W. has, cept on a much smaller scale.....mountains, streams, etc.

You don't have to drive all day to get anywhere......

The other good new is.......there's about 3 feet less rain-fall in Arkansas, which gives you a LOT more out-door time.....

& good spicy food is right down the road.......Who Dat!
Yeah the pictures and stuff Ive seen looks nice, and I have already started planning trips to New Orleans and Florida, kinda excited to see new parts of the country.

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Look up the Superlift Offroad Park. there's also a club called AR Crawlers that's in that area.

as far as weather, I've lived in upstate NY and south TX. Arkansas is a happy medium.

I'm a couple hours NE, just outside of Jonesboro.

oh yeah, say goodbye to vehicle inspections. you can put dang near anything on the road in Arkansas

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Ozark Mountains make for good camping. I hope to plan a camping trip over the summer

Scotty J.

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
You're going to hate it, it's hot as hell during the summers, not as hot as Arizona, but damn hot brother.

I live about 2 miles from LRAFB, i go to superlift park often, feel free to contact me.

rockin86ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0L,2.9L
Transmission
Automatic

oh yeah, say goodbye to vehicle inspections. you can put dang near anything on the road in Arkansas
Lol True that.If you want to run open headers on your 86 buick century with no doors go for it, i mean wait where did an idea like come from :D, and im just a little bit north of jonesboro.

Its nice but i hate tornadoes so not a great location. And it gets COLD in the winter and Hot in the summer. But the people are decent on average

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Lol True that.If you want to run open headers on your 86 buick century with no doors go for it, i mean wait where did an idea like come from :D, and im just a little bit north of jonesboro.

Its nice but i hate tornadoes so not a great location. And it gets COLD in the winter and Hot in the summer. But the people are decent on average

Cold? ha! the guy that started this thread is a northerner like me. winters here are mild :icon_thumby:

yeah, the tornadoes suck.

as long as you are nice to them, the people here are really friendly and helpful

so "rockin86ranger" are you in paragould or bono?

Grunizzle

01/2013 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Manual
You're going to hate it, it's hot as hell during the summers, not as hot as Arizona, but damn hot brother.

I live about 2 miles from LRAFB, i go to superlift park often, feel free to contact me.
haha cool. Yeah if I head over to the superlift park I'll let you guys know. Not sure yet if I'm keeping the ranger though.

Ozark Mountains make for good camping. I hope to plan a camping trip over the summer
I am hoping to find some good fishing spots and camping spots this summer, any good places to start?

Also do you know anything about mountain biking trails in AR I would also like to find some of those too!

Thanks

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Im sure Buffalo National River has some good fishing spots along with Ouachita National Forest. This summer will actually be my first trip out there if all things go to plan.

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
moved yet?

didn't bring your truck widjah didjah? :icon_cheers:

Scotty J.

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I am hoping to find some good fishing spots and camping spots this summer, any good places to start?
That depends on what you want to fish for. There are tons of lakes in AR to choose from, some are great for stripers, some for Bream or Crappie, then there is Trout Fishing...

Also do you know anything about mountain biking trails in AR I would also like to find some of those too!
I do have some friends that mountain bike, PM me some contact info and I'll see if I can hook you up with them.

BTW, I live like 3/4 of a mile from the Base. If you need anything, just let me know, I've lived here forever and know were all the right places to go are.

Grunizzle

01/2013 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Manual
That depends on what you want to fish for. There are tons of lakes in AR to choose from, some are great for stripers, some for Bream or Crappie, then there is Trout Fishing...

I do have some friends that mountain bike, PM me some contact info and I'll see if I can hook you up with them.

BTW, I live like 3/4 of a mile from the Base. If you need anything, just let me know, I've lived here forever and know were all the right places to go are.
Awesome thanks a lot. I still have 3 weeks to go in TX, then I will be in AR. I have decided to keep the ranger. Im going to keep my 4x4 for winter, wheeling, and camping, probably a 4 inch lift and 33's this summer!

But it would be cool for someone to show me some wheeling/camping/fishing spots!

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
and I have already started planning trips to New Orleans and Florida, kinda excited to see new parts of the country.
Carry a gun :icon_thumby:

No inspections here, just emissions in the larger counties..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals