• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

interior mods

treel98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now
Transmission
Automatic
1st off on my bronco the arm rest broke all the way off like no replacing it without the whole console so what i thought about doing was taking and replacing it with a jeep Cherokee / xj center console anyone done this or something similar is it simple hard whats up with it and what do you think about a storage tool box in the back like what my dad did in his jeep take an old office drawer apart and use the runners and bearings and build a new drawer set up to the dimensions that i have available but i want to be able to keep my subs i have 2 12s or 2 10s i can go either set but i want to keep them so what all is entailed with the work i want to do

Slammin Sam

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What year B2 do you have. Since you mention a console with arm rest, I assume its an 89 or 90. The piece that holds the arm rest is available and easy to replace. I bought one off eBay for $30 including shipping. Its Chinese, but works without a problem. If you have an 88 or older, I can't help you. BTW, help us old farts understand your posts, please mix in some punctuation.

treel98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now
Transmission
Automatic
Ok first off sorry about no punctuation at my bad. and second i have a late 89 registers as a 90 and it was my grandpas and he broke the armrest off and used some construction grade epoxy. He glued the arm rest to the bracket that holds it on so i would have to get a new arm rest and bracket. But i really like the console in the jeep so that's why i am thinking about doing the swap from the bronco to jeep console

Slammin Sam

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you go with the Jeep console, make sure you get all the mounting brackets from under the console. Size shouldn't be a problem, but you should get good measurements of the stock unit as well as the Jeep console. While searching for my current B2, I looked at an 87 with a console from a full size Bronco. The fit was so tight, you couldn't open the console because the lid was jammed by the seats.

treel98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now
Transmission
Automatic
yeah i bet it was tight the full size bronco was huge compared to the bronco ii. i think that if i do replace it anytime soon i will get a manual transfer case and hook it up to the lever in the jeep console because it couldn't be put anywhere BETTER than where it is at now.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals