• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Kenns 1987 bronco 2 build

kenncarl

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Now this will be a slow build for now just getting some bugs out of it so stay along with me...

I got this girl for a deal of 100 bucks it was running 2.9 but run very ruff the guy i got her from said he drove it to where it was on 2 gals of 30.1 chain saw mixed gas smoke pretty bad but run.. so i test drove it all gears worked shifted fine drove good skiped and farted some but was ok decided what the heck for 100 bills could be fun..

i got it home and decided to though a tune up in it. found a plug broke off in the head so i need to figure out what to do with that ....

This will also be my first ford build i did a s10 back in the late 90s

PLANS FOR THIS BUILD:::
1.convert to 4x4
2. 2 to 3 inch lift
3.new fenders and doors
4. make half doors
5 make some offroad bumpers
6.make safari rack
7 New seats
8. 4.0 swap

Open to any other ideas you guys may suggest

Attachments

jhammel85

100 bucks and it runs / drives? Not bad at all..Looks like you have a solid project on your hands.

treel98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now
Transmission
Automatic
personally if i were going to do a 4.0 swap i would go with AT LEAST a 4 inch lift but thats just me idk

Sweet-85'

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
2.8L 171CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is!
Nice! Looks like a solid start, your plans are pretty close to what I am doing with mine, except minus the 4.0 and mine is already 4x4.

kenncarl

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
well i got i picked up the front have of a 88 bii that is 4x4 even with a runing 2.9 standard transfer case.....
still thinking about the lift.i am in flordia most places are sand and some water that ihave been to so i feel 4 plus are not really needed cool yes but not really needed..

now for a lift what are your opinions on brands or type... i read some where that swaping to f150 springs and rear shackles would get me 2 to 3 inch life

treel98

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now
Transmission
Automatic
You could take the first and second gen explorer springs shocks and leafs to be able to fit 30 inch tires and if you trim the fenders you could get 32s in there if you dont think you should go with a body lift

kenncarl

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
im thinking supension lift at least for now lol

Phantom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Can't go wrong with James Duff, they specialize in early broncs, b2's & rangers. Yeah you can find softer springs or better shocks, but for a bolt on kit that's engineered to work, I would at least give it a look.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
personally if i were going to do a 4.0 swap i would go with AT LEAST a 4 inch lift but thats just me idk

You can do 4.0 swap with zero lift, so why say this?

Subscribed!

kenncarl

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Well small update four wheel convert is done pretty easy to do. undercoated the whole front end,,, ordered some new fenders from lmc this morning.. got the lift all in went with a 3 inch put a set of Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac 31/10.5 15s on it will be starting the 4.0 swap next week or so pic will be comeing i need to get to town to get a new card reader or cord for my camera

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals