• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Finally doing the duraspark

Spede Demn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
The Duraspark Conversion...that will be one of my projects eventually...it runs good and sometimes ok so not messing with it until it "breaks" or I win the lottery but I can't wait!
You dont need to win the lottery.. but you can slowly collect the parts instead of buying everything at once, thats what I did, or if you got a used carb and distributer that would probably knock at least $300 off the total cost. I bought everything new and spent about $750.

There is such a differance in the way this truck drives that Im already kickin myself for not getting it done sooner, its like I added 20hp and getting better mileage aswell, and it was easy, I was on holidays so I took my time, re-read the instructions from the TRS duraspark page several times, no issues, no surprises.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
It's been so long I can't confirm the gearing. It's what I remember but could be wrong as I have had a bunch of those go through my hands. 4.10 and 31" go well with a 4.0, maybe not so much with a 2.8? Time will tell. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Good luck,

Richard

Spede Demn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Just an FYI for ne1 doing the conversion... you will need a smaller belt for the alternator after you remove the air/smog pump, which now happens to be the same size as the power steering belt so you can just ask for that instead of confusing the parts person behind the counter.

Goodyear / AutoValue part #15491

Spede Demn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'85
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
Just an update... should have gone duraspark years ago, been drivin the B2 daily for almost a month now, close to 2000km and no issues or concerns, getting about 22/23mpg in 4x2 with rpm around 2300 at 100km per hour. I left it outside a few times in cold weather and it fires up better than Ive ever seen. Happy Happy!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals