• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

R2 transmission slave cylinder

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ive got 85 ford ranger. My slave cylinder in the r1 is a completely diff style than that of an r2. My stock had a slip in held by a pin to keep it in place. What yr model slave cylinder or just line will work to hook up the line to the internal ( throw out bearing hyd assembly) in the r2?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
F150.

Postin' from teh Galaxy

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I knw an f150. My local mechanic told me i cant buy a whole new slave due to the arm going to clutch pedal would be to long. So can i buy just the line with quick connect fitting and nock lock pin out and put new line on and put lock pin back in. The lock pin im referring to is the small pin that hols the line into the slave cylinder mounted on the firewall.

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
My r2 is out of 97 f150. And this quick connect im assuming would have to be for a 97 as the 99 f150 internal slave has a different looking quick connect female housing.

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Either that or the parts house ordered one for a 96. I dnt knw. The one stock on the trans looked like that of the 99. And the new one ive never seen before. Its the same settup as my stock setup. But id need a bigger end. Anyone know how i can resolve this issue?thanks in advance

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
This is the male end i need. What year model f150 or ranger has this end

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
According to pprwork. Ranger .expeditions. Mazdas and f150 have this hydraulic male end. I just need to knw a yr model to order me a new slave cylinder and hyd line

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Alright. Talked to mechanic. Im going to try to just get new hyd line for whatever year slave cylinder they sold me. Good thing i kept the box for part number. Lol. Knock the pin out of my rangers master cylinder and replace the line. Il keep update so others know what can work. Hopefully i dnt have to change master cylinders. By the way guys. The new hyd line is over 80 bucks at napa for f150 for 97 r2 trans. So get the line when u get a trans. I didnt. And cnt find one now. So nother 100 bucks gone.

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok. I got tired of the run around and no garuntee that they could get right line. For 90 bucks it better be right. And they complain if they gotta send it back. So i traded my 97 slave in and went to diff parts house to get 89 ranger 7/8 bore master cylinder, line, and slave cylinder. Bout 220.00 bucks. I just hope it 7/8 when it gets here.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals