• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 01 V8 Ranger Build.....

Mikes94Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 Ford Range
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Well figured I start a build thread for my 01 Ranger. It's a 3.0 V6/Auto, 2wd short bed. Here's the story on the truck. I just bought it for $400 and pulled it out of a field. It's completely rock solid which is pretty rare for PA! LOL

My plan is to go with a 302 or 351w and not sure of trans yet. Also not sure if I should go carb or EFI. From what I've read so far it doesn't look like many people do V8 swaps in 01 and up rangers. I see they make a V8 conversion kits but none for 98 and up? Can I use V8 engine mounts from an Explorer? what would be a good trans to go with?

Thanks in advance for the help! :beer: Here are some pictures of the truck and how it looked when I bought it... :icon_cheers:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals