• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Speedometer quit working today

Kowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
So I was just putting some overhead cab marker lights on the ride and having a bonding moment. I already have an Explorer overhead console w/ it's wiring inside the headliner. It is placed inside a wiring loom. Then there are the courtesy light wires and now the wiring for the 5 new lights. Getting a little busy up there now. I put everything back together and called it a day. I still need to hook up the cab wiring under the dash. I'll call that tomorrows problem. I blew the courtesy lamps 10 amp fuse when putting everything back together and did not have any replacement. The plan was a breakfast date w/ the little woman and a trip to the parts store. I knew that the fuse was for the courtesy light and the ignition key/open door chime. On the ride to breakfast I noticed that the speedometer was not working. All other gauges including the tachometer were functioning. I had swapped out the dash pod to get the tachometer a few months back and wondered if it was now dumping on me. I would never have expected that the speedometer was on the same fuse as the courtesy lights. New fuse problem solved. If you want a low mileage Ranger, just pull that fuse.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals