• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mystery Parts

chrisser

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
About to start tearing into changing my core support on my '87.

So I started by comparing the old and new to see what I might need to transfer between the two.

There are two small brackets at the trailing edge, one on each side. Nothing's attached to them. There are holes on the new support onto which I could transfer the brackets, but I'm not sure what they're for.

Any ideas?

Pics below. Black screwdriver pointing to the brackets in question.
:icon_confused::icon_confused:

black_demon69

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
clips for jack crank handle..

chrisser

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Jack crank handle? Sounds like something important maybe I should have...

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Then go find one.

chrisser

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The pull-a-part removes all the jacks from the vehicles. They then sell jacks and accessories, but the chances of getting the right one would seem pretty slim.

But now that I know what to look for, it's possible that there's one still on one of the trucks on the radiator support.

Should it look like this one from a '94-ish on ebay?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Yeah, they should all fit.

chrisser

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Couldn't find a jack handle in the junkyard.

Did get lucky and found a truck that had solid brackets for the core support. Mine were rusted (more like disintegrated) to the point that I couldn't even tell what they used to look like. Managed to drill out six out of eight rivets until the batteries died in my cordless drill. So I had to pound the other two off with a cold chisel and sledge hammer.

One of these days I'll come across a jack crank now that I know what to look for...

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
The jack, jack crank, etc. are all missing from my B2. I picked up a scissor jack at a yard sale a few months ago for $5 complete with the ratchet crank and extension pieces. It works great, and other than taking forever to raise and lower, it will go up high enough for the B2 so I threw it in my box of stuff in the back. I have also used a trolley jack as well, the regular bottle jacks are too tall when you actually have a flat tire to fit, unless you can find a low profile bottle jack, but still wouldn't count on it fitting with a flat tire.

However, it is nice to have those items :).

Mike92STX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
245-75-16
I have 1 sitting in my garage. Not much good with 35s and a 6 in. lift. I think I still have the jack behind the seat. A bit of a drive, I live in Northeast corner of Illinois but it yours if you want to come and get it.

chrisser

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Made a junkyard run today.

Got a jack handle. Also got the first foot of the bed floor (mine's rusted out) and the brace under that part of the bed (mine's also a rusty skeleton of it's former self).

I have the bed in the garage and I've removed the bedsides and flipped it on it's back. Going to clean up the rust and make the repairs to the front of the bed, then hit it with some POR-15. Then flip it over and put the besides back on and patch them.

I don't have a spare tire carrier. Was pulling one from the junkyard and realized I don't have the rear crossmember on my frame that one end attaches to. There are some rusty remnants attached to the rivets and the rest of it is just gone. Found a Ranger at the junkyard with the bed off and it had a solid enough crossmember so I now have that and a spare carrier. Also found one with a Hidden Hitch receiver hitch with the large reciever that matches the class V on my Sierra. Ranger won't haul nearly as much, but at least I can use the same hitch on both so I don't need two hitches since I'll never tow with both simultaneously.

I think I'm going to try and find a later model supercab and see if I can't get the larger gas tank and crossmember if I can find a tank that isn't punctured. I'm getting pretty good at pulling beds - I've pulled three to get my bed sheet metal patches, the crosssmember and the hitch. At least I have a full set of bed bolts and clipnuts now...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals