• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My Son-in-Law needs help!

Blueox

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
First, my apology for not connecting sooner. I just read this entire post. Just don't know how I missed it. That being said, it brought tears......

I offer my most loving condolences and prayers for you and your family.

I lost my mother to pancreatic cancer on Thanksgiving day in 1987. She had survived breast cancer 5 years earlier. Can't do much about that one. Like you, my father-in-law who was in theater in the 60's and handled agent orange, died from cancer in 1989. They never could pinpoint the cause. It was all over his body. There was nothing they could do for him. Go figure. Fortunately we were able to be there a few months before he died with our two children, his first grandchildren. Then my mother-in-law got cancer and passed away just before Christmas in 1990. Fortunately my wife was able to be there for her last month taking care of her.

On a more positive note, my wife dodged the bullet. They found some spots on one of her breasts. They were able to do a needle biopsy on one location that came back negative for cancer and pre-cancerous cells. Couldn't get to the other one so she had to go under the knife. They took out a chunk and I mean chunk. It also came back non-cancerous with no pre-cancer cells. I thank god every day for that result.

The period of 1987 to 1990 were real tough years. But you always know your parents will die some day. But, you just don't expect it to be a child of yours. I suspect nothing can compare to loosing a child or in your case a child and son-in-law.

Again my condolences. Hang in there. Things will get better. Focus on the grandkids. They are the legacy that you must nourish, love and respect.

Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
First, my apology for not connecting sooner. I just read this entire post. Just don't know how I missed it. That being said, it brought tears......

I offer my most loving condolences and prayers for you and your family.

I lost my mother to pancreatic cancer on Thanksgiving day in 1987. She had survived breast cancer 5 years earlier. Can't do much about that one. Like you, my father-in-law who was in theater in the 60's and handled agent orange, died from cancer in 1989. They never could pinpoint the cause. It was all over his body. There was nothing they could do for him. Go figure. Fortunately we were able to be there a few months before he died with our two children, his first grandchildren. Then my mother-in-law got cancer and passed away just before Christmas in 1990. Fortunately my wife was able to be there for her last month taking care of her.

On a more positive note, my wife dodged the bullet. They found some spots on one of her breasts. They were able to do a needle biopsy on one location that came back negative for cancer and pre-cancerous cells. Couldn't get to the other one so she had to go under the knife. They took out a chunk and I mean chunk. It also came back non-cancerous with no pre-cancer cells. I thank god every day for that result.

The period of 1987 to 1990 were real tough years. But you always know your parents will die some day. But, you just don't expect it to be a child of yours. I suspect nothing can compare to loosing a child or in your case a child and son-in-law.

Again my condolences. Hang in there. Things will get better. Focus on the grandkids. They are the legacy that you must nourish, love and respect.

This hits home to all of us. So sorry for your loss, Bro. It is hard to loose anyone you love. DG will spring back and so will his loved ones. It takes time. But with each others help it becomes easier.

'klaatu barada nikto' back at 'ya!!!

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
Thanks Men. I went to see my V.A. shrink yesterday and updated her concerning the last month's tragedies/flashbacks/anger/the whole 9 yards......

She is really honest with me......She sat there a moment looking at me and said............

"I'm glad to see that you're still sane!"

simpler=better

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mercedes
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks Men. I went to see my V.A. shrink yesterday and updated her concerning the last month's tragedies/flashbacks/anger/the whole 9 yards......

She is really honest with me......She sat there a moment looking at me and said............

"I'm glad to see that you're still sane!"
Sounds like a solid shrink!

doorgunner

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!

doorgunner

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
A couple more days til Christmas....

It's going to be a happy/sad time......"all rolled into One"!

doorgunner

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
Well....we all made it through Christmas.

Thanks to everyone for checking up/thinking about/praying for my family.

In Memory of Jason

doorgunner

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
I'm just checking in.......it's been a rough 2014.....my son Blake and my Son-in-law Jason are now side-by-side at the cemetery. Jason passed away 7 years and 7 days after Blake. Now they are well again in Heaven.

I have tried to keep up with the TRS Banner even though there's rough days.

You guys should do what you can to keep it moving.

Anyway......everybody.....hang in there :pray:

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Hey DG, glad to see you back, I missed the ramblings of a Door Gunner. (we trust you, you're the Doorgunner :))

Hang in there, Prayers going out to you and your family and remember, God is in control of everything.

We are all here for you, and appreciate your work in keeping the banner moving.

AJ

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals