• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Battery Light

nbates55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
1999, 2.5 liter, 5 speed. Ive had this truck for 2 1/2 years, and the battery light has always had an issue. It will come on occasionally when the motor is running. But the needle on the dash shows o.k.. I also have an LED meter plugged into the cigarette lighter that shows battery condition when the motor is off and alternator when its running. It always shows good. So I assume since its never went dead that its charging o.k.. Guy at Oreillys that tested my battery last night also tested the alternator and said battery bad, alternator good.
Sometimes the light wont do that for months. Then it will take a spell of doing it a lot. Sometimes it burns steady, sometimes it flickers off and on.
Battery cables are good and tight. Must be a questionable connection somewhere, but where to look first?
Thanks

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals