• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

auxiliary relay box #1/interior lamp relay

98mazdaman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hello everyone,

Can anyone tell me where the auxiliary relay box #1 for a 1998 Ranger 2 wheel drive is located? I am looking specifically for the interior lamp relay. I have heard it is behind the passenger airbag somewhere. I have taken out the glove box but I cannot seem to find it. I don't want to remove the airbag until I am sure I have to. It seems silly to have to remove an airbag just to replace the relay. I know on other years of Rangers and Explorers that the relay is under the driver side dash. It is not there for the 98's.

Just for background info, my dome lights work when the truck is running and for about an hour afterword. After that, they will not work until the truck is started again. This is leaving me suspecting a bad interior lamp relay.

Thank you for all of your help!

98mazdaman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think I found the interior light relay located directly under the glove box. It appears to functioning correctly as it clicks on and off while the truck is running and I open and close the door to operate the dome light. I went ahead and replaced the battery saver relay which did not seem to solve the problem either.

I will be starting a new thread in the interior light section. I will not be using this thread anymore.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals