• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Auto 4x4 will not engage, no lights

RDC

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
1987 Bronco II auto trans , overhead shift push button console will not engage 4x4 in hi or low . No lights come on no clicking noise in control module ( pushed the little white button the red led came on) in dash on passenger side. The console has power to the courtesy lights, they work. Can anyone tell me if there are relays or fuse-able links and where they are that may be the problem or anything else that I need to check. does anyone know the values and pins or wire color( voltage ,continuity) on the connector plug that goes to the motor on the transmission that engages the 4x4. The tech info here has different color wires than I have on mine. Also does the motor have to be working for the lights to work,Thanks

shb88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I had the same problem a few months back. Tap on the motor underneath that engages the 4wd.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals