• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wc t5 shifter location

Archebunker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 in the works
Transmission
Manual
Hi everyone I have been trolling this forum for months now and finally made an account here, bare with me if I'm not posting this in the right spot im still figuring this site out. I have a 90 ranger std cab and am still figuring out what I need to do for my 302 swap and I've read a few posts about how using a wc t5 sets the shifter location back quit a few inches and unfortunately for me I still have a bench seat. I am hoping a few of you guys on here might have a pic of exactly how far it is set back(assuming your running a t5) and what seats you used if you ditched the bench. Also curious as to what kind of seats you ran. Again sorry if this is in the wrong spot I'm a forum been here, thanks guys. :sorrysign:

lvwill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
265/65/17
If you can get an s10 tailhousing the shifter will be in a way better position. The hotrod guys have been doing this for years.

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
On my 1993 Regular cab with a WC T5 (standard tail housing, Z spec) The shifter moved back about 8 inches. I ran the stock 60/40 bench seat for a while but ended up cutting it for clearance. I had the seat adjusted close to the forward position and the shifter did interfere with the seat. If you have it adjusted back four clicks or more you may be fine. Google the Harwood manual for the conversion and that is my truck in the photo outlining the shifter location.

Archebunker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 in the works
Transmission
Manual
I have seen on a few different builds on various forums that using the s10 tailhousing is the best way to retain a stock shifter location but I didn't see any great details on it and it is another expense. I really don't mind having to cut a new hole for the shifter either. And I do really want to rip the bench seat out any way:headbang: jbrown1238
That's the kind of info I'm looking for, so far only one other post I red in a different forum( I think) touched on this in any kind of detail. Yea I have a solid bench seat that I'm just trying to find a reason to pull out and if it's that close I think I might just pull the trigger on rails and buckets. And will do on looking at the pic, thanks for the quick responses.

#1 Lone Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I made a shifter out of 1/2" alum plate, with 2" of offset.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals