• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New to Ranger and New to Arizona

Needles929

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Hello all!

I am excited to be a part of the site!

Recently I moved to Mesa, AZ and picked me up a little Ranger. I have always been fascinated with the Rangers as desert truck. Usually twice a year for the past 15 years, we would visit family in CA and spend a weekend in Glamis. I loved watching the trucks soak up the bumps with all that suspension. Back home in Iowa there are plenty of lifted and lowered Rangers running around. It is pretty tough to find a reasonably priced 4x4 model without it being way rusted, both body and suspension.

The truck I purchased here in AZ is a 99 ext cab 4x4 with the 4.0L manual trans. Pretty clean truck! 33's, nice wheels, 6" lift, manual hubs, exhaust, K&N intake, aftermarket TB, etc...

I know it is quite expensive to build a 4x4 for any kind of travel. I will probably keep my eye out for a roller with suspension and switch some parts over.

There's my story! Again, glad to be here!

AzLizard

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 2.8
Transmission
Automatic
Welcome to TRS.

And Arizona. :beer:

RollinWOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/2015
Make / Model
Ford/Kia
Engine Size
3.0L Vulcan/GDI 2.0L
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to Arizona and congrats on your purchase. Let's see some pics when you get the time!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals