• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

budget i mean budget lift(1st gen 2wd)

slitko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.2 diesel
Transmission
Manual
hi guys i have a first get 1984 ranger 2wd with a 2.2 diesel backed by a 4sp and i am doing this truck as a complete budget but still nice i just want people to be like WTF! that was sweet LOL any ways i am planning on making my body lift as i always do but what can i do about suspension i know people us expo leafs and 150 springs <more info on that stuff im just wondering what else suspension wise can i do to it thanks..

upnsmoke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Expo leafs gave me about 1.5 inches lift in the back, which is about on par with what I have read elsewhere, if not a little low. The springs I pulled may be a little clapped out, but for 28 bucks I won't complain. I haven't driven on them much yet, but the ride is decent. I have 4" lift springs on the front of my truck that are too stiff for my taste. I have been looking at stock replacement F150 coils that are rated at 366 ppi, which is not too far from what came in the Ranger stock. I have read a range of things about F150 springs in Rangers including that they give anywhere from 2 to 4 inches of lift and can be too stiff, depending partly on the weight of the Ranger I'm sure. One thing for certain is that they are cheap. I have an extra set of Moog cc824 springs setting around that I am going to try. Going by Moog's specs I believe they should give me 2.75 inches lift from stock, though I am hoping for a bit more. I will hopefully get them in within a couple days.

Your lift in front will be limited by how much you can adjust your alignment. I'm not sure how much lift you can get without bent beams or drop brackets and still get it aligned. Someone else here may know, or you could probably turn it up in a search. There are aftermarket caster/ camber sleeves available that will give you more range of adjustment, but I don't know how much. How's the diesel run? I have never seen a diesel Ranger in person.

slitko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.2 diesel
Transmission
Manual
it runs awesome just wanting to give my truck a lil more stance

Nate.Mountain

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the cheapest thing to do would probably be coil spacers up front and belltech shackles on the back

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals