• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My B2 FW SAS

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Thought I would add some of the earlier pics before the SAS...
30's and 3" JD lift

32's

35's

Took a couple of weeks to complete. 1979 D44

Mock up with 5.5 Wildhorse springs

Modified JD buckets

4.88's and Lockrite

Complete disc to disc

1989 F150 8.8

Gotta set the pinion angle and add brakes and shocks. Not a fan of blocks but new springs are not in the budget..

Back on her wheels!

Little more progress today... :thumby: Just waiting for the steering and the new axle shaft to show up.

Pinion angle set, just gotta check for bind at full droop. And yes I know I need a new muffler...Jack stand incident!!

New brake lines installed

Little more work done. Made new rear brake lines and checked driveshaft angle at full droop. Right at the 30 degrees Tom Woods recommends! With my anti-wrap bar on, the joint at the pinion should be straight.

More progress...
I got the front d-shaft mounted and modified the x-member. Looking at the angles, a double cardan shaft is in the future! Ran into one problem, I bought a 1310 yoke from BGY and they sent me a 1330...which I already had :annoyed:. I didnt pay attention and installed it. To my suprise yesterday I had a u-joint issue. I ended up with a bastard u-joint in the front 1310-1330 joint aka Spicer 5-134X. Just waiting on the steering and trac-bar bracket.

Got the steering and trac-bar done. Just need an alignment and some longer shocks. 7/8" Heim joints, 1 1/2" .250 wall DOM tubing for the tie rod and drag link!

A few pics of the test run...at the Hammers! Ran great...but I would like to extend the radius arms quite a bit...

Here are the most recent pics of the B2, I have done a few mods to her for the Ultimate Adventure. Getting ready for the trip, I swapped in a 4.0. Installed beadlocks on my wheels and added Goodyear MTR's. Replaced the POS Milemarker winch with a Warn and added a stinger. I like the new look. However, after the trip...I now have lots of things to fix and upgrade!

1986 Bronco II Eddie Bauer
1979 F150 D44, 5.5" EB Springs, 4.88's, Lockrite, Yukon axles, JE Reel joints, Homemade extended arms.
1989 F150 8.8, Skyjacker springs, 4.88's, Lockrite
35" Goodyear MTR's on custom beadlocks
4.0 swap, built A4LD, T-Case doubler
Homebuild bumpers, sliders and armor

Last edited:

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Awesome! Good work on the build.

I really like the bumper/stinger. Now you just need a paintjob, poo-brown was never the best color :icon_twisted:

Is that Junkie's BII in the background of the pic when you still had a TTB?

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Thanks for the compliments!

Is that Junkie's BII in the background of the pic when you still had a TTB?
Good eye...that is indead Junkie!

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual

RUTH

September 2010 OTOTM
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
did you build this a while ago??? i feel like ive seen it before on other forums maybe??? awesome B2 though, especialy with them goodyears and B-locks, looks sweet. lets seee some more pics.. :headbang::headbang:

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
ya hes had this built for awhile. Its come a long way.

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
RUTH...its been built for almost 2 years now with the SAS. Just recently I did the upgrades for the UA trip. I normally post over on BroncoII.org and thats where you have seen it. I have been a lurker on here for a long time and Andrew talked me into coming over and posting more. Thought this would be a good intro to TRS.

However after the UA trip...I definately have a few mods to make. Hydro assist steering is a must! A few others are important but I would say that is the top of the list.

Here are a few pics off Petersens website. I cant post much more till after the magazine comes out. I do have 3 trips coming up, so I should have some new pics then too!

Last edited:

RUTH

September 2010 OTOTM
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
freekin sweet... when will the vid be available?? or is it all ready

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
The magazines will be out next month and the month after. Not sure when the video will be out...im definately on the lookout for that!

RUTH

September 2010 OTOTM
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
you were the first B2 to make UA Wernt you? o and was their by a chance an 80's orange toyota with a flatbed, Jason veel is the driver, its a kid i know that was tryin go, they had contacted him but i never heard if he went or not...lost his number when i got a new phone

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Yup, first B2 to go on the UA. There was a Toyota guy from Michigan I believe named Jason, however, it was a black flatbed.

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
excellent pics, and congrats on the UA trip. love the rig too. so much, in fact, i may have to copy some of it!

got any pics of your track-bar mount? got a general idea in my head for mine, but i'm looking for the "little things"

and what all did you do to even up the coil spacing? looks like you moved the upper mount out, and the lower mounts in about an inch or so.

59bisquik

April 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
The spring buckets are moved about 2" forward and 2" out with square tubing bolted and welded to the back. They do hang down about an inch or so from stock. I used a ballistic fab track bar bracket. I ordered a DOM steering kit from them and it was only 15 bucks for the bracket. Seemed easier than making one at that point.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
I don't think I ever saw your BII with those dinky little 30s on it until now. It's certainly come a ways. Looks good :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals