• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

recommendations

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
i currently have to tcase and trans out of my b2. i am replacing the clutch that only had 1000miles on it that i smoked already..... well keeping in mind i smoked a clutch in 1000 miles does anyone have any reccomendations of upgrades or changes i can make easily with the trans and tcase out? i am putting the best zoom clutch summit sells in to try and avoid having to pull the tranny again around new years. i already am going to lenthen all the vent tubes.

ideas on how to keep the bellhousing vented but keep as much water out as possible?

anyone in northern ohio have a u-joint style driveshaft for a b2 sitting around they can sell for cheap? i dont know what lenth it is but will measure. i also need the metal sheild that helps protect the tranny/clutch, it bolts between the bellhousing and the motor.

backround= it has a electric tcase, fm146, and that tulip/cv style driveshaft.

tranny should be out about a week. hope to put it back together next sunday if the cash is availibe for the 300+ dollar clutch.......

Last edited:

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
did you replace the slave cylinder when you replaced your clutch the first time?

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i am up in the air on the slave cyl. i know the master cyl leaks very slightly (toped it off 3 times in 1000miles). the slave is 100 bucks from summit but if i do that i will spend the extra 60 or so and replace it all. it will take a few more weeks to have the cash to fund that so i am not shure.

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if hadent JUST replaced the flywheel when i did the last clutch i would be doing that without a qestion but i would need to buy yet another flywheel and a 4liter starter and that would end up running atleast 500 probly more like 650. i am almost positive that the top end zoom clutch will out proform a stock 4 liter clutch. i was looking into that and WILL be investing the cash if i smoke this clutch within the next year.

wheeling vehicles like you stole them is fun til shit like this happens!

Last edited:

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
i am up in the air on the slave cyl. i know the master cyl leaks very slightly (toped it off 3 times in 1000miles). the slave is 100 bucks from summit but if i do that i will spend the extra 60 or so and replace it all. it will take a few more weeks to have the cash to fund that so i am not shure.
Just replace the slave cylinder while the tranny is out so you won't have to remove it again. You should definitely replace that master too, leaky clutch systems are not good at all.

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
since your so close to me zman do you have any recommendations on were to get that dust sheild that goes between the bell housing and the motor?

Last edited:

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
zman do you have any junk yards down your way that have more than one or 2 RBVs sitting around at a time? also do you need any rbv parts or rims for cheap because i need to get some of this crap outta here or scrap it.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
Creston Auto Recycling has alot of ranger stuff..
1-800-210-3349

Country View Auto Recycling in Spencer had a few rangers last time I walked through, no idea if they had 2.9s or not.
330-648-9108

What kind of rims do you have?

Last edited:

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
there are the stock ranger 12 hole aluminums (4), stock ranger turbine style aluminum from my old 92 STX (4), 4 steel stockers that are on the b2. the steel rims are a little bit rusted and the aluminums are a little oxidized but all the sets can be cleaned up to a acceptable apearance.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals