• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My Explorer Stealth Snorkel with pics

RoidedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
im finishing up my stealth 3" snorkel setup for my MUD ONLY 99 explorer sport. after my original snorkel design let in mud/water after some hard mudding I decided id make a better design. original design basically ran out of the airbox and along the frame rail and went in place of the A/C drier in front of the heater box with 3" PVC. new design is a full snorkel but instead of running up the side off the fender and up the windshield (I personally don't like the looks of that) mine runs into the cab, IS TOTALLY CONCEALED, and allows the use of A/C.

my setup comes out of the airbox and along the inner fender (behind the fender). it goes into the cab down where the floor bends up into the firewall. It then turns and ends behind the glovebox and is at the same height at the bottom of the radio. I had to cut 2 3" holes, one in the cab and one for the airbox on the inner fender. I also had to cut the obvious hole in the airbox. the boxed section of the inner fender had to be partially cut out so the pipe could sit close right between the fender and the inner fender. I had to remove the control box on the kick panel for the SRS. also the large portion of the glovebox storage had to be removed since this is right where the riser of the snorkel resides. all in all it was pretty easy to do.

RoidedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
thanx. cant wait to go try it out.

SenorNoob

TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5" Front + 4" Rear
Tire Size
245-70-R16
I have to wonder, can it actually breath well enough in there without sucking all of the air out and suffocating itself and you....:icon_twisted:

RoidedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I don't think ill have that problem seeing as how I don't have a back glass at all anymore, it was left at the site of the wreck that totaled it out. :icon_rofl:

SenorNoob

TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5" Front + 4" Rear
Tire Size
245-70-R16
That sucks. Gonna be able to salvage anything?

RoidedRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So far the entire right side is still good along with mostly all of the interior (leather seats). This past week i took off all the mouldings that were holding about 100lbs of mud, they're all still good and I'm thinking about putting them on here to try and sell.

Right now it's just a play toy. Way i see it, I've got less than 1k in this thing INCLUDING repairs and i can get more than that back between parting it out and scrapping it. So I'll have some fun with it till it no longer is economical to keep using then get rid of it. I've thought about putting a frame under it and fixing the back but it's just not worth it, its hit really hard.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals