• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

5.0 holley EFI in a ranger?

JacobEXE

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
has anyone done a 5.0 holley efi swap in a ranger? if so could i get a link to a build thread? i was thinking it would be kinda cool. (if this is in the wrong forum i apologize)

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
Which Holley EFI, there are like 10 different versions of it

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I assume the TBI that you bolt on, hook up a few things, and you are good.

I would love to get one of those setups but the price is to much for me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

JacobEXE

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Which Holley EFI, there are like 10 different versions of it
im just talking about really an holley efi or edelbrock for that matter. i just that it would be kinda cool.

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
One of mine has the tbi on it. Btw dangerranger. Used the holley pro-jection tbi kit goes for around $300. I have bought 3 this way.

Jacob, you are being extremely vague. Are you asking about holley 2bbl tbi? 4bbl tbi? Both of which bolt to any carb manifold. Are you asking about the holley HP, dominator, terminator, avenger, or commander when used with a holley MPFI manifold?

Or holley HP, dominator, terminator, avenger, or commander when used with a ford MPFI stock manifold?

"holley efi" isn't just one thing. It spans from the simple/primitive 2bbl tbi systems with an analog ecu. All the way up to complex digital systems with obdii capability, the ability to self-tune, the ability
To run 32 injectors sequentially, the ability to control boost, nitrous, propane, or methanol injection. The ability to control fuel/timing curves for each cylinder independently.

You see, its a broad variety. Not just one, or two

Last edited:

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Is the Holley pro-jection tbi 2 or 4 barrel?

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
Pro jection came 1bbl, 2bbl, and 4bbl.

The more compleX systems like the dominator/commander etc. are also available with a much better 4bbl tbi, than the pro-jection too

JacobEXE

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
One of mine has the tbi on it. Btw dangerranger. Used the holley pro-jection tbi kit goes for around $300. I have bought 3 this way.

Jacob, you are being extremely vague. Are you asking about holley 2bbl tbi? 4bbl tbi? Both of which bolt to any carb manifold. Are you asking about the holley HP, dominator, terminator, avenger, or commander when used with a holley MPFI manifold?

Or holley HP, dominator, terminator, avenger, or commander when used with a ford MPFI stock manifold?

"holley efi" isn't just one thing. It spans from the simple/primitive 2bbl tbi systems with an analog ecu. All the way up to complex digital systems with obdii capability, the ability to self-tune, the ability
To run 32 injectors sequentially, the ability to control boost, nitrous, propane, or methanol injection. The ability to control fuel/timing curves for each cylinder independently.

You see, its a broad variety. Not just one, or two
im just talking rather broadly. im just talking about the whole shabang. say i put a 1980 5.0 in my truck and ran an electronic fuel injection by holley or edelbroc or whoever else mmakes them. just in general, 2bbl or 4bbl on the stock manifold, the stand alone ecu and the automatic tuning on how you drive, your altitiude your fuel, all of that. i dont know if you follow David Freiburger but the im talking about the holley efi type thats he has on his crusher camaro and his superbee. or if you watch street outlaws, murder nova's efi.

cammeddrz

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/chevy
Engine Size
efi 350vortec
Transmission
Manual
All of them above "pro-jection" for the most part will self tune. and all of them are available for use with TBI. for example the 950commander kit.

if you watch street outlaws,
I most certainly do not. that crap is a joke. but the discovery channel only puts out crap. its scripted, staged, and has less "real" aspects than pro-wrestling. back in the '90s people watched wrestling and believed that it was "real".

but nowadays a person would be considered "seriously retarded" if they were gullible enough to think wrestling is real.

I assure you, that people will look back at "street outlaws" in the same way

I was raised in that world, I lived that life for a while......you are watching a show that has a script.

*end rant. sorry, that show just gets me wound up on how 'tarded it is. and discovery/history channels in general for no longer providing fact-checked documentarys. but rather scripted docu-dramas that people mistakenly take as "real" because they are intended to appear "real"

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
After looking at the prices for a 4 barrel one, I think I will stay carbed for now.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals