• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

88 F250 Diesel Crawler

Toreadorranger

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Picked up a new truck from a friend at work.

1988 F250 7.3L non turbo diesel, 5 speed. Its a TTB front end truck with a sterling 10.25 rear. I hate TTB with a passion, front right tire is already wearing crazy while the other 3 are perfect. TTB is not worth the effort to keep in good shape. So I bought a 1986 F350 parts truck. I looked for just a D60 front but found the whole parts truck for $500 so I cant complain about that. Swap is very straight forward or at least it should be haha. the entire front suspension out of the F350 should swap over to my truck and solve alot of my issues.

Pics of the parts truck before I started stripping it down.

Toreadorranger

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Picked up a set of tires from my buddy. 38.5" TSL SX's, It couldn't have worked out better. I actually scored a free 38.5" SX spare tire recently, before I knew I was going to buy these other 4. So now I have a spare tire. They are going on a set of H1 beadlocks I have laying around.

Toreadorranger

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
In preps to start rebuilding the front D60, I needed a stand to throw the axle on. I had a old engine stand laying around so I modified it to hold the axle.

Plan is to go 35 spline outers on the D60 and 4.56 gears. Hopefully tonight I will be picking up a 14 Bolt rear with 4.56's and a Detroit. I was going to keep the sterling but parts are to pricey for that, trying to keep the cost low on this one to get back out on the trail.

Last edited:

Toreadorranger

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
D60 is all disassembled, Im waiting on parts for the most part now. going to plate the knuckles before I put them back on. Since the Ford knuckles have a history of cracking near the upper kingpin.

Toreadorranger

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual

All the misc parts all cleaned up.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals