• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Daily Driver Ranger Build

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Looking good. I like the rear bumper. What color do you plan to paint it? And are those ebay headlights? How are they holding up?
Thanks

I think that I am going to paint it Charcoal Grey

And yes those are EBAY headlights they are great for the price and everything.....I like them they were good with factory headlight bulbs but they are awesome with the HID's that i put in them

Lucas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
well men it has been quite a while since I posted anything in this thread (or any thread for that matter). I felt like I needed to give you guys some kind of an update. I replaced the clutch about two weeks ago and that is all the work that has taken place on the ranger, BUT I have bought a new ride for a daily driver so i can start working on the ranger since it wont be my daily driver anymore i can actually afford to make it a toy :icon_thumby:

Lucas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Overdue update!!!

Being forever long ago since I posted (back last summer) ALOT has happened and I have some pics for progress as well.

Number 1 I got married this past December to my wonderful fiancee so im now an old married man lol and here she is

[/IMG]

Number two remember the car I bought so I could build the ranger well I have had problems getting the title from the guy and that's a long story so I hauled it home to my parents house with old ranger boy.

[/IMG]

And as you can see I finally got around to painting the ranger. Yes I know its red again but I got a sweet deal on the paint and couldn't pass it up so here are some pictures of the painted ranger.

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

This is hauling my now wife's car back to Cookeville from our hometown she wanted to see what the ranger was made of

[/IMG]

and my favorite of them all

[/IMG]

So for any of you that are following I have also got rid of the constant velosity joint in my rear driveshaft i cut down an explorer driveshaft to fit. I also had to put a new starter ring on the flywheel this past weekend and I have the rest of the materials that i need to finish my center console

Lucas

Last edited:

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
.\.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< look that way.....I like red truks too!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yeah red trucks are pretty smexy I really like yours DG its different and that is what i like about it. :icon_thumby:

-Lucas

dieseldane

Supporting Member
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B2
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
If it doesn't fit, force it!
Good job man! She's looking pretty good!

Oh, and the ranger ain't bad either. :icon_thumby:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Thanks Dane!! Man I just haven't had time for the old ranger like i used to :bawling::bawling:

I did get a new truck/tow pig

A 2003 F150 4x4 4.6 auto its a dang nice truck and I bought it at a Nissan dealer of all places and also paid 2000 under blue book!!!

[/URL][/IMG]

So the wife made a deal with me since I bought the new truck, and that deal was I had to sell the ranger..... Well after "trying" to sell the ranger and getting a bunch of stupid offers from people, she told me i could keep it!!!!

So hopefully I can get going on it this summer and turn it into a heavy wheeler and quit just talking about it. Plus I only have one more semester of school left and I moved again. Now we are closer to family and our jobs so life is pretty good for this old country boy.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
So I know that I am reviving a 4 year old thread.

Many things have changed since I last checked into this thread of mine. Unfortunately I am Rangerless and have been for quite some time. I have moved twice since my last post once close to my wife's job and still close enough for me to commute to school and work, then close to my job.

My wife and I bought a house in our hometown, I have been one of the lucky few to be able to find a job close to home near family. I have been working for Nissan Powertrain since I graduated college as a Parts Quality Engineer, so I spend most of my time on the road looking at parts. I have also swapped trucks a few times and currently have a Dodge, but it does have a Cummins.

I do plan one day on finding a explorer to build to wheel in, it just hasn't gotten to be on my high priority list.

Now onto some pictures.

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals