Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Old 03-29-2016, 06:51 PM   #111
faststang90

Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Make: ranger
Vehicle Model: splash
faststang90 is on a distinguished road

they have these too.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ad...d/model/ranger
faststang90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

5% Rock Auto Discount Code: 20B2FF503DCF74 Expires: September 28, 2018
Old 03-30-2016, 10:37 AM   #112
recutright

Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: under construction
recutright is on a distinguished road

ive seen those. heard lots of bad things bout them. their weak and thin, and they don't seal the ports very well and leak often. and you cant use the clamp more then once. I also heard that you need to weld a proper collector flange on to keep the collector from leaking. haven't heard anyone say good things bout them.
but ive never used them so I honestly cant say for sure.
just my 2cents
recutright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:23 PM   #113
Vmaximus

Vehicle Year: 2000
I use this vehicle for: parts getter
Vmaximus is on a distinguished road
Default Headers

When I built my first 3 V8 Rangers you could buy full length headers from Kaufman. They were awesome!!! I just started building another Ranger and found out Kaufman went out of business. Damn. Gonna try to find some different full length headers and see which ones work. I don't think there are that many out there now but gonna start doing research. Anybody find anything keep us posted. Been out of the loop for a few years and just now getting back in. Will try to post some pics in profile album later about my 93 Splash that was in the July 96 Sport Truck Magazine. It was tricked out with some good stuff including a 150hp shot of nitrous.
Vmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 04:30 AM   #114
stmitch
March 2011 STOTM Winner

Vehicle Year: 2000
I use this vehicle for: Surprising people
stmitch is a glorious beacon of lightstmitch is a glorious beacon of lightstmitch is a glorious beacon of lightstmitch is a glorious beacon of lightstmitch is a glorious beacon of light

If you want a set of Kaufman's: http://www.rangerpowersports.com/for...ml#post2538485

If you've got a newer truck with control arms or torsion bars, Torque Monster headers were the hot ticket, but they took forever to get, and I'm not sure if the company is still making them.
stmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:57 PM   #115
pokey

Vehicle Year: 1985
I use this vehicle for: drag racing
pokey is on a distinguished road

I have a 351W in a 85 Ranger for drag racing only. Currently use Total Performance headers that (barely fit) inside the frame rail. Previously I had custom headers that went over the frame rail and then down just inside fender.

Anyone have anything new for headers for 351W?
pokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:09 PM   #116
Totalled

Vehicle Model: BroncoII
I use this vehicle for: to GET IT!
Totalled will become famous soon enough

I didn't use Headman headers on my build. I used explorer manifolds. First with the craptastic tubular early ones, then the later cast ones. I picked up noticeable power swapping to the later ones. The early ones flow that bad...

They fit with plate to stock V6 mounts, and fox body 5.0 mounts.
Attached Images

The Org
Totalled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:12 PM   #117
Totalled

Vehicle Model: BroncoII
I use this vehicle for: to GET IT!
Totalled will become famous soon enough

Moar:
Attached Images

The Org
Totalled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:04 PM   #118
tjm73

tjm73 is on a distinguished road

Ok. I'm a new guy here at TRS, but I have found a couple potential headers for I-Beam trucks. I did not see either of these listed in this thread. Thought I would share and see if anyone with experience has any input on feasibility of fitment for these.

First up is a set of block hugger headers that Speedway sells. The part number is 9300201S. They are 1 5/8" primary to a 2 1/2" collector. I found a few pictures of them on a British car/American V8 swap website. They look like they could work. Not sure if they might dump right onto the I-Beams. Currently priced around $270 bucks.

These look like they fit real tight to the block and may clear the steering shaft on the driver side and also the frame rail on the passenger side.

Next up are a set 351W swap headers that are also of the block hugging variety. But they differ from other block huggers in they merge into a flat collector configuration. They are also 1 5/8" primary to a 2 1/2" collector. They are made by Patriot and come in three varieties. Natural, painted and silver ceramic. The base part number is H8482 and I found them on Summit's website. Prices are currently about $275, $280 and $406 respectively.

These are the natural version and the picture shows you how they are constructed. The #4 primary sweeps back rather sharply which should provide steering shaft clearance. The passenger side sweeps back and down but my not clear the starter if not mini and may even have issue with a mini starter if used on a 302 instead of the 351W they were supposedly designed for. They almost appear to be of tri-y design. Though I doubt they could be considered true tri-y headers due to the short length.

Last edited by tjm73; 04-17-2017 at 12:03 PM.
tjm73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:35 AM   #119
Bird76Mojo

Vehicle Year: 2001 & 1987
Vehicle Model: Ranger Edge 4x4 - 87 302 swap
I use this vehicle for: Everything!
My credo: Good enough
Bird76Mojo is on a distinguished road

Anyone have any updates on header fitment from personal experience??

I'm currently gathering knowledge and parts to start my swap. I want it done by spring and I've got the free time and money finally, due to a factory closure. Just bought a decent little 87 single cab shortbed manual. A 30,000 mile 1992 Thunderbird 302 H.O. and AOD will be here tomorrow. I've also got the filter relocator and engine mount plates, but need to buy convertible mounts I think. Still in buying mode right now..

I'll be using an AOD for now, so the header fitment concerns me. So far it's looking like a toss-up between the 88400 and the tri-y's.

GB

Last edited by Bird76Mojo; 08-15-2017 at 01:47 AM.
Bird76Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:25 PM   #120
Mac
Supporting Member

Vehicle Year: 2003 2000 199
Vehicle Model: Ranger FX4 Level 2
I use this vehicle for: Beater
Mac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond repute

Tri-Y's have clearance problems usually when used with the 164 tooth bell housing. Can be bent for clearance.
Dave
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote