• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1994 Camshaft position synchronizer help

Pa Yankee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I am in the middle of replacing the cps in my 94 4.0.

My cps is the on with the window that you can see through.

I put the engine at TDC after having my finger pushed out of #1.

Then, I inserted the new cps with the end of the vane line up at the mark on the window (manual does not say to ensure it's still lined up perfect after it's pushed all the way down in the block).

Then, I turned the engine two revolutions and went to the 26 ATDC mark on my pulley.

Now, when I try to set the position of the new cps, the voltage from the blue/orange striped wire never changes from 12 to 0 when turning it.

Does the vane need to be line up on the mark after pushing it all the way down?

I'm trying to follow ducksheperds posts in this thread http://www.truckforum.org/threads/camshaft-sensor.12492/page-2

https://www.ranger-forums.com/4-0l-ohv-sohc-v6-tech-33/1994-camshaft-position-sensor-help-153078/

Last edited:

Pa Yankee

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I got the cps installed and set correctly. My truck runs excellent just like before. If anyone needs help installing this type of cps message me.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I spiked mine eyeballing it, because my engine is a 92 but my computer and harness are 94.

I would probably have just pulled the intake, then spun the engine until the vane pointed at a fixed point, then reinstalled it so the vane pointed at the same spot.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals