• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

seatbelt question

sarasota

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
is there anything i can do to make the seatbelt receiver not so damn stiff. i like the seatbelts that have the cloth attachment, not the hard plastic one

the plastic sticks in my butt when things are getting hot in the truck :hottubfun:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Get a room? LOL!

I sliced the bottom end of my seat belt plastic sheath and cut a bit of it out so they would flop away...but you don't want them too floppy so it's a matter of how much you want it out of the way...oh, and I modified my seats in the new cab a bit so they're not stock...

sarasota

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yeah normally i would just cut and then ask questions but seatbelt system im not gonna fawk with haha.

i was actually gonna go down to the junk yard tommorow and look for some... sigh... chevy seats because they are theee most comfortable and then see how that would work with my belts

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Depending on your seat, part of the belt may be attached to the frame rail...I took that off my truck and went with it on the floor with the plastic sheath intact...

Not sure about the Chevy seats...I had the Explorer seats and they were comfortable...not luxury, but comfy...I'm looking to swap out the seats I have now for some high-backs though...the seats are comfy but I don't like the low-backs...

Hope you find what you want though...it's only about comfort when you drive long and hard...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals