• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

B2 motor/trans issues

e30dirty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
87'
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Last weekend we went up to the rubicon and ran the trail, b2 did great! now the hills leaving tahoe were a different story. it normally struggles on hills, SAS w/ 38's. 2.9 motor. But it was doing really good pulling most at 70 and cruising at 75. Then a vacuum line blew off. The one that goes between the hardline connecting exhaust to intake manifold (not all had it). the line comes off the manifold and goes into some type of sensor. Replaced line and wire tied it on 2 miles later the sensing unit literally melted. I plugged the vacuum with a bolt and drove it home, did ok but much less power then normal. replaced vacuum sensor today and its got shit for power. bogging in 1st flat ground. intake is making much deeper sound then usual. doesn't want to rev over 3 grand. Whats going on here??

What ive tried so far:
Replaced vacuum sensor
checked exhaust for water
checked trans fluid for water

Any ideas/insight?
someone was just telling me w/o a trans breather i could of sucked water in and toasted it, but that wouldnt explain the lack of reving.

e30dirty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
87'
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals