• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

questions/ sas on 87 bronco

jzoomer

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
ok so I have my 87 bronco 2 4x4, that i have removed my 2.9 out of i am currently waiting on the rest of the funds to start my SAS,

i do think that i would like to complete my sas before putting the motor in as i feel that it may be easier that way,

so i would like to know from you all that have done it before, what can i be doing to it currently while waiting on the rest of the funds for parts

also i have done some searching and can't really find anything specific but i would like to know if there is a "list" of sorts for parts needed for the SAS so i could be sure to have everything needed when i begin to start my install

i do know i want to go with springs up front not leafs,
and in hoping to achieve at least 6" of lift over stock
and i also am sure that i am going to go full width with a ford 8.8 and dana 44's

any help or input would be appreciated as im hoping to have everything and start my install here in a couple weeks :icon_welder:

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My suggestion would be to go to RBV's under construction and look at the sas's under construction right now. I can think of at least 2 going on right now on gen 2 explorers.

I'm keeping my eye on them cause I'll be starting one this winter....... Hopefully

The Jester Race

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2009
Make / Model
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Sure, you can do an SAS without the engine in just remember that without the weight of the engine you will need to be probably 2" or 3" higher in the front. Might make it difficult to decide what springs you want to use.

What can you do while you're waiting for funds?.....Pit Race.:icon_twisted: I don't know, it's hard to say without knowing what parts you have and what you're waiting for. Start tearing shit apart, mock up parts/brackets.....

There really is no set list of what you need for an SAS because every SAS is different.
Break it down into groups.
Axle
Breaks
Steering
Suspension: springs, shocks, links(track bar and radius arms)
Driveline

Here's mine.:D

-Jester

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals