• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Still can't find my horn.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My inspection runs out at the end of the month.

Does anyone else have any ideas on where the hell the horn is on a 1993 2wd Ranger?

Also, if you know how to get the steering wheel apart to check the horns "button" or where to find the wire for the horn it would be greatly appreciated.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
The steering wheel cover usually is screwed on from the back...you can get at it if you rotate the wheel and reach up from under neath...but where did they hide the horn under the hood...did you check the ebchost site for that model year?

sobriety?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Manual
look back behind the front bumper, behind the grille up and under the hood and pretty much anywhere in the front end. if you cant find it, its probably not there.lol my old expo's horn was non-existant as in the previous owner took it off for some reason.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I know it has one, it worked a few weeks ago and then suddenly.. didn't.

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
its on the drivers side below the battery tray area. its a bitch to get to, but you may be able to see it better from below. there should be two wires uder the horn pad that you can check and make sure that they are connected and not broken off, otherwise there is 1 power wire running to the horn and it is grounded by its mounting bracket. check your horn fuse also, as it may have just blown?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
its on the drivers side below the battery tray area. its a bitch to get to, but you may be able to see it better from below. there should be two wires uder the horn pad that you can check and make sure that they are connected and not broken off, otherwise there is 1 power wire running to the horn and it is grounded by its mounting bracket. check your horn fuse also, as it may have just blown?
hes right under your battery same on my truck, idk how to get to it but i seen it.
idk if you have fount it yet just lettn ya know.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Fuse isn't blown, since everything else connected to it still works and I swapped fuses just to be sure. I'll check on the battery tray location. I'm guessing I have to remove the inner wheel well to get to that?

And for the wires, I only wanted to know that in case I end up not being able to get to the horn. I'd just buy a cheap one (or borrow the Nissans) and wire it up quick until I get the old one fixed. Just need this to pass inspection, I still have to get around to buying two front tires.

It's a good thing that being a biohazard doesn't void inspection..

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Am I understanding this right? You have to have a working horn to pass inspections????
That's standard in every state I've ever lived in, lights, horn, wipers have to work.

If you peel back the most forward lower part of the DS fender inner plastic liner, the horn will be right there.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
why is it so critical that you get it inspected, half the cars on the road are unispected hell across the river in arkansas they dont even have an inspection

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
What the hell do you NEED a horn for? What is the "official" reasoning for it being mandatory that it's in working order?

I never use my horn. I prefer obscene gestures.:thefinger:

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
What the hell do you NEED a horn for? What is the "official" reasoning for it being mandatory that it's in working order?
Well if my brakes fail and I'm doing about 50 towards a child crossing the road, they'd like me to have that horn. Same to alert other drivers that may not be paying attention.

Anyways, I looked under the battery tray. It was there.

When I went to take off the wheel well to get a better look under there I found a wire going to something. I pulled on the wire to follow it and feel if the horn was in there, and as I pulled the horn came tumbling out. It is rusted beyond belief and was no longer attached to my truck. Oh, and I need a new rad support. That's rusted out too.

Pics to confirm that this really is my horn.

kennykenny

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

The horn is for getting their attention so they see your obscene gesture.:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals