• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

power windows

94redranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Could I take the power windows out of a first or second gen. explorer and put them in my 1994 ranger? Is that also possible with power locks?

stringburner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
It would probably be possible. Most things are w/ enough determination. It would likely be easier & much less time consuming to go w/ the A1 Electric power windows and power locks/keyess entry systems.

Power windows:

http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AEOS&Product_Code=Plus

Power locks/keyless entry:

http://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AEOS&Product_Code=W01F-712T

I've been running the power locks/keyless entry system in the link for a couple of years and they've worked flawlessly. It's a fairly easy install in a Ranger. It's time consuming to do a nice job, but it's not difficult. Takes about 4~6 hours if I recall correctly.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well, I have basicly the exact same question. Figured I wouldn't start another thread for it.

I have my '94 Explorer (parts rig), and am wondering if the power windows will go into my '93 Ranger (manual windows). I know all that it really needs is the lifting mechanism/ motor etc.. So, is that mechanism the same between the two body styles? And like 94redranger said, will the power locks also go in too?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals