• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

WHAT the hell did the P.O. do???

NVbronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco2
Engine Size
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
85 B2, auto. Trans not working right after duraspark conv. Read what tech library said to do. Got under there to figure it out and this is what I found??

I have the pan for the 4R55E ( tech page, bottom side photo) with a hump in it and a vacume module for the A4LD (tech page right side)??

Question, Where do I hook up that vacume line? In the Conv file it calls for a GM vacume switch?

Has this trans been converted before or is it something else?

BTW... the engine fired right up after I got the dizzy in the right spot. (4th try)

Thanks all,
Randy

NVbronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco2
Engine Size
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Help

OK, Never mind, I figured out WHAT it is now just gotta find the vacume hook up. The "tree" ?
Will be right back. Garage time :icon_confused:

NVbronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco2
Engine Size
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Cool

Got that all fixed, now I just gotta figure out how to get more than 18* of timing! The dizzy stops CCW before it gets over 18*. Figure tommarow to pull it and clock the rotor one tooth CW and see if that puts me closer.

Damn, it RUNS...:yahoo:

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Why are you timing it so far advanced, for the 2.8 you waNT 10 DBTDC with the vacuum advance disconnected and plugged and then plug it into the vacuum tree (manifold vacuum) and you will have 20 DBTDC. Mine runs best with the timing at 5 degrees or 15 with the advance plugged in. If you advance is plugged into ported vacuum on the carb move it to the tree and plug the nipple on the carb.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals