• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

should I get an aftermarket cd player?

bluebombersfan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The reason I ask is because I have a 2006 sport Ranger with a factory cd player already. I saw some used ones in the buy and sell for $50. I love the speakers in this truck but the clearity which I believe is from factory cd has a bit of a mono sound.
With my last 96 Ranger I also noticed this with the factory radio aswell. I went on to eventually get aftermarket speakers but I found this upgrade to be more costly and have less of a difference compared to the aftermarket cd upgrade.

killj0y

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Fix it till its broke!
well the upgrades go hand in hand, but it just depends how good it sounds already. Usually more power and features are the reasons for upgrading the deck. Better sound/bass/highs seems to be a reason to upgrade the speakers. But then the speakers will likely be underpowered and not sound as great. You can find some with a high sensitivity rating so they can perform better underpowered, but the best option is doing both obviously. It is a gamble but if you want bluetooth or something like that a deck is the way to go for now. If not speakers seems to be what your hoping for since you just want cleaner sound, but then again you need a deck that can output better sound, hmm just get the deck and do the speakers in the near future.

bluebombersfan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah I'm going to just try the newer deck first. Like i said before the deck is what made the most difference in my last Ranger.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals