• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

The mighty 2.5!!!!

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Clean your room before you criticise the world.
The point of this thread is to prove that 2.5s are awesome lol I have a 98 ranger 2wd 5spd short bed I got from my grandfather when I was 17 it was an old farm truck that had been around for years hauling hay and very many loads of wood up past the top of the cab to a cabin in Penn from southern Ohio and when I got it it was it quite disrepair I put a radiator alternator water pump clutch all new brakes(you could see through the old rear drums) new tires and did a well needed tune up. And in the three years I have owned it I have not been very nice to it (it had 215k on it then and now has 264k) I hauled three dirt bike with it and broke my leaf springs replaced those drive it to Cali and back to Ohio it blew a timing belt in the desert of Nevada on the way there (yes very hot that day106+) one day the clutch master cylinder went out had it towed and it took a Toyota 4 runner to the face I patched it up from that with used parts then hit a deer and blew my grille and lights apart (like a month later) fixed it again hit another deer this time only got my pass side fixed that lol then one night got a call a friend was stuck in a ditch with a dodge d100 I got there the fender was smashed into one of the tires locking it up tight I pulled it out of the ditch and down the street to another friends house a few hundred yards away and with all this done to the poor thing it still takes me to work everyday and hauls everything I need oh and I pulled another ranger out a ditch one winter too but I just can't kill this thing HELL WITH TOYOTA DRIVE FORD!!!!! And with that here's to you the mighty Ford ranger:beer:

Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Ha, ha. Great story, Bro. Glad you are enjoying your ride. I have had all makes of tucks, but my favorite trucks will always be my early Toyota 4x4 trucks. Never let me down and I drove 2 of them from California to Tampa several times a year and went wheeling out in Utah (Moab) several times. Those 22R motors and solid front ends were the best of all the 4 cyl trucks I have ever owned.
I never owned a 4 cyl Ranger. I have had the 2.8, 2.9 and 4.0 motors and they are really powerful and just full of energy. Now, up in Ocala where we go several times a year there is a group of small 4 wheelers that ride around on their bikes (most have winches attached) and they pull out a lot of stuck trucks that get buried really deep after we get the crazy hairy rains!!! LOL.
I was surprised to see those small 4 wheelers pull out Rangers and Tacoma's and some F150 trucks with so much ease!!! Now I getting another one. My wife says thy are easy to ride and she likes it better than our dirt bikes...more stable with 4 wheels....LOL

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Nice story...but you could have put in "...as they drove off into the sunset their tail lights twinkling and the mighty 2.5 purring away...a shooting star crosses the sky and mashes into the space station strewing space debris all over the place...and the mighty Ranger 2.5 flies up and we lasso the space station as it was starting to spiral towards earth and we hauled its' anti-gravity ass up into the proper orbit...the girl looks at me and sighs and says "my Hero"...then we shag on the front seat...

Or something like that...:)

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Clean your room before you criticise the world.
Ha ha hell yeah that's the funniest sh&t I heard all day and yeah we all have our pereferences Toyotas are tuff but ford what they are 4 banger rangers are tuffand after all I'm still a ford fan :icon_thumby:

Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Nice story...but you could have put in "...as they drove off into the sunset their tail lights twinkling and the mighty 2.5 purring away...a shooting star crosses the sky and mashes into the space station strewing space debris all over the place...and the mighty Ranger 2.5 flies up and we lasso the space station as it was starting to spiral towards earth and we hauled its' anti-gravity ass up into the proper orbit...the girl looks at me and sighs and says "my Hero"...then we shag on the front seat...

Or something like that...:)
HAAAAHAAAAA. The cats and I laughed so hard some tuna came out our eyes!!!!!!

:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals