• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

airaid poweraid throttle body spacer

94 lngbd

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
LMC has them for the 2.5 from 98-00, Why cant this work on the earlier 2.3 that's in my 94

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
Don't buy it. It is a gimick. Use to have one on the 96' Blazer that my dad secertly installed in the middle of the night. Me and mom noticed right away a whistling noise, to find that TBS. Did not improve anything. MPG stayed the same, power felt the same. I removed it when I had to change the injectors.

I have a K&N Intake system that I'm selling. It is for the 2.3L 1995~1997 Rangers & B-Series trucks. It may work for your Ranger.

94 lngbd

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
I checked K&N website & your kit is only for the 95-97 2.3 Ranger. Wont work on my 94,& they don't even have a kit for it. But at 6-12 hp & $285 That seems to be an expense I don't need right now.

What are you wanting for your kit?

I might find out if I can swap parts from a 95-97 onto my 94, If so then I might be interested depending on your price.

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
I'm asking $75 for it. I've only used it for one year. And everything is there, including the big box that it comes in. I'm 70% sure that it will work.

rangerbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
Clearance issues, breather didnt line up or plug properly, and a sensor near the throttle body on the 95-97 who's name escapes me is in a different spot altogether. It would be a headache.

It could be fabbed semi-easily though.

That's how I got the K&N for my old ranger(wrecked that one and crushed the K&N). I was helping a friend put it on his 99 2.5 and it was a bloody mess. So I bought it from him and put it on mine.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals