• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Installing Marchal fog lamps on my '96 Ranger

artfull dodger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 & 1998
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
When I got my 1996 Ranger, I considered finding all the parts to install the factory fogs in the front valence. But with all the tar and feathered roads in our part of the state and rock salt during the winter, glass lense lamps mounted down very low(2wd Ranger) are in dire danger of being smashed out. I have always like the cat faced SEV Marchal lamps used on the STX, other various Fords, AMC Eagles ect. When I bought my Ranger off a Ford collector, he had a good used set off a Mustang Pace Car. They came with the white covers that have the Marchal cat and the checkered flag on them and the factory under dash slide switch with indicator lamp. I had the same lamps on my 1995 Ranger many years ago. I mount them just inboard from the head lamps on top of the bumper. I wire them thru a relay mounted to the core support just infront of the battery. I still need to pull wires thru the firewall and install the dash switch. Power will come from the side marker lamp to the switch, which will trigger the relay sending battery power to the lamps. Pics tomorrow as it was dark by the time I got home from work. Mike

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals