• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger raptor grill

Go2fasteddie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I've seen all the photo shopped images. The best variation I've seen was a grill with red lettering. I like the look of the raptor grill and was wondering if anyone has made a good one for 98-11 rangers yet.

In other forums posts they mentioned a Canadian version and a fiberglass version but both are discontinued. I didn't like them much anyway. I'm not trying to make my ranger a raptor but I do like the look of the grill and thought it might be a nice way to personalize my ranger . It's an 07 4dr 4x4 sport 4.0L sohc

Go2fasteddie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Well, by the lack of responses, I can only assume no one succeeded in a raptor style grill that fits the 98-11 body style.

After searching the internet I read several attempts in a couple of ranger forums and found a racing company that made a fiberglass grill with ford in bold letters, but it would need a lot of additional customization to look good and it's no longer available. You'd have to find a used one. Good luck!!

I also found a Canadian company that made a grill that was closer to the look but required a F and R fabricated, but it still had the bezel framing the grill which is the look I'm trying to get rid of. This grill is also unavailable. When you Google this grill it takes you to their store front but it switches to an f150 instead of a ranger. I could have been happy modifying the Canadian grill but because of the age of the body style and probably low demand it was discontinued too. Those were the only results I could find.

So I back burnered the idea for a while and looked at a lot of rangers from the front. In my body style I prefer the stx grill but it's not easy to find either. Most internet searches show the 6 panel or the 3 panel. Even ford only shows the 2 variations. So where would a collision or body shop get the correct one with just the bezel, honeycomb grill and little ford emblem? I could settle with an stx grill.

So I decided to revisit the idea and heres what i considered. I was thinking of mocking up a raptor grill on my own. I read a lot about the size differential but still need to measure one because no one posted the size, they just said its a lot bigger. I didn't want to get shot or stabbed measuring a strangers and didn't want to stroll the dealerships.

I looked to see if I could just buy one, but they are hard to find as well. I found one but it's aftermarket and not correct and $500. I could think of lots of other ways to personalize my truck with $500. That's the high end of the cost id be willing to spend on the entire project.

My thinking was, I might be able to trim the f150 raptor grill and fabricate the bracket. If I only knew it's dimensions!! My next thought along those lines was to get the same grill mesh off Alibaba and make my own raptor grill but I'd still need to scale the letters and make mounting brackets. I'm not a welder so I'd need a shop to put it together.

In conclusion, unless there is a good version or a fabrication shop that can make a raptor ranger grill for under $500, then I need to reconsider the stx grill and figure out how to get one. With the popularity of restoration, customizing ,and racing shows on tv, It doesn't seem far fetched that a raptor ranger grill could be made and look right.

If anyone knows a shop that could handle a job like this I'm all in, otherwise, anyone got a spare stx grill?

Last edited:

Go2fasteddie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'm grateful this thread is getting viewed, I'm just bummed no one is willing to engage in a discussion or offer suggestions, or even opinions...in the 3 years since the topic was discussed in ranger forums no one, I mean no one else has continued to make a raptor ranger grill? I find it hard to believe no one perserviered and successfully made one. I find it even harder to believe no one else wants one and everyone just gave up on this idea. I know ford owns the rights and there are copy right issues but that doesn't usually stop enthusiast, and if it was done well and selling then ford might make an oem version...

Where are the ranger forumites? Where are the people that think it's ugly or that I'm trying to make my ranger a raptor. I figured I'd at least hear from some of them. Is this forum overloaded with too many sub categories to get a decent conversation going? Am I in the wrong section, should I have made a better title? .....

This is my 3rd ranger. My first was a black 87 2 wheel 4 cyl 4 speed, my 2nd was a red 99 extra cab 4 door 4x4 v6 fully loaded sport. I just payed off my blue 07 extra cab 4 door 4x4 sohc v6 sport and it's getting a fresh coat of paint right now!! I'm really excited because this is the nicest one I've had and I'm financially able to go a little nuts on it. But I'm feeling like I missed the boat and most of the ranger enthusiast have moved on to other things. Is there anyone left whos excited about their ranger out there?

Sincerely,
The lone ranger

Last edited:

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'm an old fart whom still thinks 1993 is new. My guess on the lack of response is that;
1] nobody has done it.
2] everybody has done it.
While it is easiest to go out and buy an already built unit, perhaps it's time for you to be the first? Buy a camera, or use your phone, and document your progress. Be the one you aspire to be....

fangotango306

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
None yet
Transmission
Automatic
It could be done to look tasteful. You may have to play with the letter scaling to get it to look right. And would you paint it in black or body color?

Dangerrangers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 and 04
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 s
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Do it right the first time !!!!!!!!!!
Don't do dumbass shit to your truck ,in other words that sounds like your a want a be ricer.

Last edited:

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I didn't now people actually like the raptor grills. I think they look gawdy with the giant "FORD" letters on the front. Everybody knows its a ford and they had to make sure they get the point across. That's probably why no one has tried to make a raptor grill for a ranger. Plus to buy a raptor grill would be an outrageous amount of money because its a raptor. Its like the Cadillac of fords so expect to pay for the name. You may find one at a junk yard (doubtful) and you could try to customize one yourself. I agree with the above.... don't do stupid shit to your truck. Its like adding the stick on hood scoops. just don't do it.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My Ranger says "FORD" across the back bigger than a Raptor ever dreamed of.

In white lettering for extra clarification as to who made the brick. :icon_twisted:

I know nothing about fabbing plastic parts, I know the higher trim first and second gens had F O R D letters on the aluminum trim panel on their tailgates, maybe go off something like that and fill it in to make it look like it is part of your grille.

I very much care about my Ranger, but my Ranger is very different than your Ranger.

BTW IMO the neatest thing about the Raptor grille is the three amber LED's. :icon_thumby:

91stranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
You can buy amber led's for cheap. you can add as many amber led's as you want on a vehicle in ohio. I seen a guy had about 13 red marker lights on his truck box. Not sure what the purpose of that was but he must have liked it. Image 13 red lights in a straight line on the back of a tool box on a 1991 f-150. yep pretty pointless lol

86isuzu

TRS Member Since 2003
Supporting Member
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
I like the raptor style grilles. I wouldn't put one on my '03 4x2, but I'd think about it for my '89 BII. I say go for it.

Go2fasteddie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Alright!! Hey everybody!! Here is an image of the version of grill I'd like on my ranger.

Attachments

Go2fasteddie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Here is a photo shop image of what it could look like but with f150 headlights.

Attachments

91stranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
This one is getting closer. It needs better lettering and i don't like the bezel but it's black and not as noticable.
geez that loots terrible. would be fine without the tacky "ford" across the front. just my opinion.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals