• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Look and Listen! 1973 VW Campmobile Ford Cologne 2.8L V6 conversion

dfmastin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
VW
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
I have no idea what I'm doing.
Diagnostic video. How does it sound/look?
Made it to my neighbor’s house no problem. He gave it a look and listen and suggested first it smelled rich. He noted it sounded a little rough and was shaking a bit and thought my next step would be replace the plugs. He said I should give it a look in the dark and if the wires had any faults I’d see sparkles. He thought one of the spark wires on the distributor was a little loose and we speculated it might be running a little smoother after he adjusted it. He noted my oil seepage around the valve cover gaskets. Folks over at the Ford Ranger Station suggest that this engine runs well after a valve adjustment. As I need to replace the valve cover gaskets maybe I should try that as well, but that might be a bit advanced for me without help. I’m going to get a manual for this engine. Give my engine a look and a listen and see what you think! Oh btw, this video is a cold start and running cold. Thanks Rangers!
David
https://youtu.be/K_OOmVTRpb0
https://youtu.be/uWu_pbcwPGc

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals