• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

first gen battery relocation

howlinghuskie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It's probably a long shot and not sure that this is the right place for it but has anyone relocated the battery on a first gen? It's right about where id like my intake to be with the 5.0 swap. I'm thinking about just moving it back slightly to where the air box used to be on the 2.9

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Not that hard to do...and I was thinking of doing it because the 96 wiring had it on the driver side...but I just rerouted all the battery stuff over to the passenger side...

Moving it back might require trimming the inner fender and metal back because there just isn't enough room for a tall battery over the wheel...

However, you could bypass the airbox altogether and just use a K&N like mine had when I first got it...even though I don't particularly like them, it might work for you...and the 2.0 had a pass under hose that went below the battery tray and up into the snorkel for the carb...

howlinghuskie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I could do that I'd just have to figure our the hose to put it where the 2.9 one was so I'd just need an elbow of some sort it currently has a cone filter off the maf sensor

howlinghuskie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think it would take a set up like this one

Elutheros

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I used the stock airbox and this 135 degree silicon tube.

howlinghuskie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That might actually work out excellent where did you get that? Although I'd have to run the cone filter they have on it now as the air box is gone

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I used the stock airbox and this 135 degree silicon tube.
That is almost exactly what I have on my 2.3 right now. The 88 didn't have a stock air box so I used the one from the 3.0 that sits in the same area as yours shows...and I just left the bottom of it open so no tube pointing forward towards the rad section.

I was trying to avoid the hot air from the exhaust but I think mine is far enough away that it won't suck too much hot air.

Not sure where my hoses came from, but the 2.3 required a 90* from the TB, and then I was able to squeeze in another 90* elbow to point to the fender...the angle of the box is such that the MAF sits at right angles from the fender on mine...but the important part was I had to fab up a support from the plastic skirt to hold the box up...even though the hoses were stiff enough to hold it upright...I figured over time it would start to sag.

:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals