• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Quest on hei distributor

Fant

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Does this look off to you guys?the truck will run but like crap. Itl run for bout 2-3 min and die. I had to advance the hell outa it to even get it to stay running band do serious mods to the elbow at intake port for heater hose. I dont knw much on timing. Other than it was top dead center on compression stroke. I wonder if im 180 degrees off and need to reroute my 1 plug wire. I dnt have a timing light. Yal reckon i should just take it to mechanic??

Road Angels

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
Pull #1 spark plug rotate engine in normal direction with a wrech or you can use a remote starter switch , any way bring #1 up on compression buy putting your finger in the plug hole, not all the way in if you got small fimgers, you will feel it coming up on compression, now bring up till your at top dead center on your timimg marks , then pull the cap and see where the rotor is pointing, if not at #1 wire then rewire the firing order on the plugs so that the rotor and #1 wire match up

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I saw your dizzy in your build threes and have to say it's way off from the typical installation. Take a look at mine. I as a tooth off on mine and it would run but getting it timed was difficult and moving the plug wires over one didn't fix it either, couldn't get it timed just right other then pulling it out and doing it right.

Sent from my rooted SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
And yes, get and use a timing light, you can get it close by ear if you are real good, but never as good as a timing light.

Sent from my rooted SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals