• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

89 Bronco II 3" lift question

Dave01234

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have an 89 Bronco II that I put a 3" lift kit in. Currently it has the 2.9L auto tranny auto transfer case and auto hubs. My question is that I'm going to do the 4.0L engine swap and the donor is a 94 X Sport with an auto tranny and a manual transfer case with manual hubs. Will I have to extend the linkage for the manual transfer case? Has anybody done a 3" body lift that has a manual T case please let me know what to expect. I know PA sells manual transmission kits but I don't remember seeing anything about the manual transfer case. Any input or advice will greatly be appreciated. Thanks

xr75er

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/1998/1994/
Make / Model
ford/dodge/ford
Engine Size
2.9 stock
Transmission
Automatic
I have the manual transfer case on the auto transmission with the 3 " body lift from PA and there was nothing needed for the manual trasnfer case to operate propperly. Did have to reset the auto trans linkage so it would go in to first gear. though.:icon_thumby:

Dave01234

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Was the shift knob considerably lower to the floor?

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
I have an 89 Bronco II that I put a 3" lift kit in. Currently it has the 2.9L auto tranny auto transfer case and auto hubs. My question is that I'm going to do the 4.0L engine swap and the donor is a 94 X Sport with an auto tranny and a manual transfer case with manual hubs. Will I have to extend the linkage for the manual transfer case? Has anybody done a 3" body lift that has a manual T case please let me know what to expect. I know PA sells manual transmission kits but I don't remember seeing anything about the manual transfer case. Any input or advice will greatly be appreciated. Thanks
whAT 3" kit did u use? did it come with radius arm drops? jw because on my 2" the front d-shaft rubs the ra crossmember at anything over small flex

also u can always cut and weld in a piece of metal between the t-case and body to lift the lever up some. wont even be able to tell from inside the vehicle

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
^3" body lift not suspension.

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I see. Its worded weird and now I don't really know which lol.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals