• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just got my first B-II

RayInStl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Well, that didn't work. Let's try something else!
On the way home on friday, the broco started to sputter like it was dangerously low on gas. The gauge still said full, but I was already suspicious of that. So I stopped at the next gas station and proceeded to put 20 gallons in a 23 gallon tank. So... fuel gauge isn't working. :annoyed:

My buddy needed a part for his 98 Taurus (poor guy), so we drove up to Speedway Auto Salvage and while we were there I went cluster and M5OD hunting. Found both in a 4.0 explorer. Grabbed the cluster and will have to come back for the transmission on my next check. Hopefully nobody grabs it before then. They want $200, so not too bad. I might check with Fenton Auto Salvage and see if they have any for a better price. I think my brother got his 2WD M5OD for $150 there.

After swapping gauges, I read that a gauge stuck on "full" could be a short, so I may have wasted $15 on a cluster. Don't know yet. I guess at least I have a spare now...

Last edited:

RayInStl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Well, that didn't work. Let's try something else!
Here's a little teaser of what I'm up to until I can find another image host. Photobucket hasn't frozen my account, but I'm sure it won't be long. I've already downloaded all of my albums.

The dash swap thread I was using for reference had all it's pictures change to the extortion picture, but luckily they had good written descriptions, too.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals