• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How to steal my 95 B2300

auto117584

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
ive been thinking about using a hidden cell phone to call on my truck in case someone stole it to deactivate the ignition. But i havent even made a diagram on how to wire it so it can work and still be simple to wire.
that would help to deactivate it so nobody can start it.
isn't it a better idea to deactivate the ignition BEFORE it's stolen??? just saying

auto117584

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
ive been thinking about using a hidden cell phone to call on my truck in case someone stole it to deactivate the ignition. But i havent even made a diagram on how to wire it so it can work and still be simple to wire.
that would help to deactivate it so nobody can start it.
oh, hey, i had aother thread, under the gauges and miscelaneous electrical form, that you will find helpful, Sport. it talks about making the truck non-starteable with hidden switches/circhit briakers

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
yeah but u could also deactivate it in case someone takes your truck while u have it running.

auto117584

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
yeah but u could also deactivate it in case someone takes your truck while u have it running.
you mean like a car-jacking? Just keep your door locked while your truck is running. better than a gun in city night traffic... don't have to shoot e'm if they don't open the door.

The83RangerMan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
In all honesty I would never leave my truck alone in the woods i see people do it round here in hunting season and you will come back the next day and its been striped where it sat than burned happens a few times a year. I know with a full sized truck some select tools and an 18 rack i can strip most everything that bolts on including engine and trans in 12-14 hours have done it to a few parts trucks. If you have to do something i would leave my truck at a safe secure location IE friend or family members house than get a dirt bike stash it in underbrush than ride to your truck

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
In all honesty I would never leave my truck alone in the woods i see people do it round here in hunting season and you will come back the next day and its been striped where it sat than burned happens a few times a year.
this was my first thought....i've never heard of anyone who's truck was stolen,whole,from the bushes.

i do know many that have been stripped and burned,or just burned.making it invisible is the best bet,but even that is not foolproof.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I would be more worried about it being stripped and burned, for sure.
The only real option is to not leave your truck unattended, especially for a few days at a time, in the middle of nowhere. Punk ass kids love bon fires, and cheap-ass bastards are always looking to make a buck...

Just dont get out of your truck in the first place, and you MIGHT be okay.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
OK, it's got a boot on it. You still want the truck, just gotta have it. What do you do?
If you have tools, A boot is just another hunk of metal to an angle grinder...

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
Make or aquire signs that read "us army property trespassers will be shot on sight!" or "us army property. Danger unexploded ordinance present!" or sometging along those lines. Post them up in the general area of your truck.

Edit. Just another possible sign, "us army property. Live fire range, contact range control before entering" you get the idea though.

Last edited:

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Make or aquire signs that read "us army property trespassers will be shot on sight!" or "us army property. Danger unexploded ordinance present!" or sometging along those lines. Post them up in the general area of your truck.

Edit. Just another possible sign, "us army property. Live fire range, contact range control before entering" you get the idea though.
a lot of the idiots i know would look at that as an invitation to go souveneir hunting.

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
a lot of the idiots i know would look at that as an invitation to go souveneir hunting.
Having been the guy the sign refers to i wouldn't cross it even if it seemed like a hoax. As for the ordinance one, never dropped it myself but i have seen small woodland creatures become small woodland splatter as a result of a uxo. Guess that makes it an xo doesn't it?

Last edited:

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
As stated before, if they want it, they will get it. Drop the driveshaft and tow it, or trailer it. Disabling the ignition won't matter in this case. To make it more difficult for them to do that, park next to a tree if possible and run a chain around the tree and the rear axle, padlock it. Also, you can get a manual line lock (the kind the early 80's international trucks with hydraulic brakes had) and use that to lock the brakes down, electric line locks are only good for about 2 minutes at best, and they draw power, when the battery dies, it releases (providing it makes it past the 2 minute mark). About the only other thing you can do is to run a chain through your rims to the frame. This will not prevent them from taking it, but it will slow them down/make them think twice about stealing it...
SVT

The83RangerMan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
if you really want to leave her alone in the woods for a couple days, you could place shape charges armed with ball bearings in strategic locations all around ur truck than hook the detonation circuit to the alarm horn if broken into it would be like having clamors all around ur truck facing out. however it will only work on the first person/ or persons to try. just kidding do not do this the manufacture, and possession of homemade explosive devises caries a long prison sentence in most cases

Jason_J

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, I would get pissed and throw a rock through the window after I got shocked from the nifty electrical mod you hooked up, then leave!

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Having been the guy the sign refers to i wouldn't cross it even if it seemed like a hoax. As for the ordinance one, never dropped it myself but i have seen small woodland creatures become small woodland splatter as a result of a uxo. Guess that makes it an xo doesn't it?
ya,i've done some enduro racing on a military base in the area....we all got a good lecture before the start from the sarge about straying off course,and what the results could be.

that's why i referred to the others as 'idiots':D.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals