• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

i know this is a ranger forum

lifted_Mazda01

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
..... but my gf owns a 2001 f150 4.2l and is trying to lift it, well i bought a set of rims for her truck ( i really bought them only for the tires, but it shows that i care cause the rims have her bolt pattern ;) but anyways the truck stock has 16x8 i tihnk or 7's and well the rims i got her are 15's will they fit without tearing up the brakes or should i just sell the rims and tell her good luck??? also, she has 3.55 rearend she wants 35's i say that wont turn 35's so i told her struggle with 33's, but wont that kil her fuel, drivetrain, rear end and tranny?

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
..... but my gf owns a 2001 f150 4.2l and is trying to lift it, well i bought a set of rims for her truck ( i really bought them only for the tires, but it shows that i care cause the rims have her bolt pattern ;) but anyways the truck stock has 16x8 i tihnk or 7's and well the rims i got her are 15's will they fit without tearing up the brakes or should i just sell the rims and tell her good luck??? also, she has 3.55 rearend she wants 35's i say that wont turn 35's so i told her struggle with 33's, but wont that kil her fuel, drivetrain, rear end and tranny?

most of that is a matter of opinion. you wont know if the rims fit unless you try them but i am betting they wont fit without atleast shaving the calipers but i dont know if those calipers are thick enough they can be shaved safely. as for 355s pushing 33s, it will do it, not happily but it will. my 2.9 pushed 31 swampers on steel rims with similar gearing. "destroying" thats a matter of opinion "increased wear" that i can agree with. i honestly dont get the impression you are well enough educated mechanically to make such decisions regarding someone elses vehicle.

badblue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
with a 4.2 you will what more gear you have to drive the piss out of it in stock tires and my 15x10 wheels will not fit my buddy's 01.

lifted_Mazda01

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
the bolt pattern matches, they came off an f150 around the same age, so i dunno, but no i am not educated enough a puny 4.2 f150, i kno my truck, i know how to work on my old f250, and very familiar with diesels, this truck i dont see being worth my time

240cubes

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'00 '96 '89 '88
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 5.7 2.9
Transmission
Manual
15's are a no go, unless you do some custom caliper grinding

alaskan155

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002 2000
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
7.3l/4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
31 are stock for the 04+ 4.2l f150 with the 3.55 and i run 32 with no problems, and still have my get up and go, so 33 wouldn't be a problem, esp for that generation, that generation of f150 was a little lighter,

and with all this being said with the 31s and 3.55 and 4.2l i am still able to tow my bronco II(did a 700mile trip to bring it up here), didn't even feel like it was behind there except when i stopped

personally with 32 i run, i think 35 wouldn"t be a problem with the 3.55 and 4.2, right know the only dead spot i have is between 30 and 40 and that just depends on what gear the tranny selects, but being that generation is lighter i dont think the 35 would be that bad

also a quick search on google revels the f150 board says that the 15 inch wont clear the disc brakes, and 16 is as small as you can go

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals