• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Engine Modifications

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
CELEB hope all walked away from that ranger. And I have rolled one when i was 18 (but from losing control on ice in winter) and was upside down in seconds in a Toyota mini truck in the late 80's....

Don't get me wrong, I am sticking a V8 into a ranger for a show truck/tire melter. but at close to 50 I know from age and having mustangs in the past that speed is/can be a rush. my point is that maybe going 90 in your truck is about as fast as you want to push it. buy something that is made to take it further and be safe doing it is what i was getting at.

cheers

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
See, that's all it takes nice polite examples and advise.
"Idiot, stupid and inexperienced" tend to shut off further reading for those that really need good information.

Yes, hope that roll over only hurt the truck badly not the occupants

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
It used to be that there was an automotive race track of some sort near every city. You can blame insurance companies and society in general for their demise. Unless there is a place for people like me to play, we'll play where we can. Is that right...absolutely not. But it was you [society] that caused the cheap race tracks to die.
Rant over.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
It used to be that there was an automotive race track of some sort near every city. You can blame insurance companies and society in general for their demise. Unless there is a place for people like me to play, we'll play where we can. Is that right...absolutely not. But it was you [society] that caused the cheap race tracks to die.
Rant over.
Don't look at me. I wish there were more tracks around. Most were gone before my time.

Caleb_19

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Amazingly everyone walked away from that with no major injuries. I definitely understand the young and invincible feeling and the adrenaline rush you get from driving crazy. At the end if the day it's not a wrecked truck, lost money or even injuring yourself that's the problem. It's living with what you've done to someone else that's really hard. An accident is one thing, but if you were being careless when something happens you'll never forgive yourself. I had my wife and sister in that truck with me, and even though we all walked away it still eats at me every day. We rolled 3 times down an 80 ft embankment, and I have to live with what that did mentally and physically to my family. Even though we were so fortune it's a hard thing to live with.

Everyone is going to do what they are going to do. I still like to have fun while I drive, but there is a time and place for everything. If your going to drive like that at least do it on a road where you can see that no one is around you and away from any drop offs. And don't take anyone else with you when you do it. When you have someone else's life in your hands it's not worth the risk. That's what I learned.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Rant over.
Are there no low level motorsports sancioning bodies north of the border? Nobody sets up autocrosses in parking lots, or rallycross events in off road locations? No 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile drag strips nearby? No small circle tracks? Nobody sets up HPDE days, or open track days?

Here in the US, groups like the SCCA have chapters in every state. I have 3 chapters within a 90 minute drive of me and each one sets up autocross, rallycross and road rally events. There are close to a dozen circle tracks that host various racing series within a couple of hours. Plus a very well known 1/4mile drag strip, and a podunk 1/8 mile setup. I know not everyone is in a position like me, but the idea that there isn't a single outlet for speed in a non-public venue kind of boggles my mind. Have you tried looking into the WCMA? Seems like they are similar to our SCCA and should be in your area.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Are there no low level motorsports sancioning bodies north of the border? Nobody sets up autocrosses in parking lots, or rallycross events in off road locations? No 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile drag strips nearby? No small circle tracks? Nobody sets up HPDE days, or open track days?

Here in the US, groups like the SCCA have chapters in every state. I have 3 chapters within a 90 minute drive of me and each one sets up autocross, rallycross and road rally events. There are close to a dozen circle tracks that host various racing series within a couple of hours. Plus a very well known 1/4mile drag strip, and a podunk 1/8 mile setup. I know not everyone is in a position like me, but the idea that there isn't a single outlet for speed in a non-public venue kind of boggles my mind. Have you tried looking into the WCMA? Seems like they are similar to our SCCA and should be in your area.
Yes, there is actually lots of events close enough. And there is some cheap enough for anyone. I guess my rant was off base.

matt2003333

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I was told but a Ford Automotive Engineer that the limiter was put there because of something to do with the auto tranny they were using and that the manuals are not limited.Anyone know how true that is?There really is no need to go that fast but I will say they do 75mph bumper to bumper in Toronto and the cops dare not try and slow them down for fear of a pile up.If anything the Truck needs to have more balls for merging because they will run you down if you arent up st speed at the bull nose.

Last edited:

MrE_Powers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well if he wants to accelerate faster he can take the slack out of the accelerator cable

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals