• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Spark

Hobo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
Posted on the rangerstation main site but seen was this one too so figured would try here.I have 1986 Bronco II 2.9l 5 speed. was having issues off and on for about a month or so and it finally died. noticed the fuel pump was out/going out so i replaced it. it was all melted and crap.went to start it. it ran fine for about four min then died. replaced the TFI module some1 said might be out so i changed it. still nothing. so check spark coming outta coil. it sometimes sparks and sometimes don't. so i replaced the coil along with the wire. still same issue. checked all ground i could find don't have book. and they seemed fine . so replaced the ignition module just in case that was issue. still nothing so went and got a computer for it. still nothing. still an intermittent spark. could be a ground? the fuel pump was melted nicely.s o something was making it hot. and when we pushed the button the on inertia switch it ran for a while then died. but that wont affect the spark, would it? im aiming towards ground tho. any opinions? will be going out lil later today to the car to tinker/test

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals